• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civilians work in military hospitals????

Anira_09

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
Simple question, can my gf ( common-in-law) work like orderly at a military hospital?? She has her diploma and experience of 6 years here in Quebec.

There are no longer any military hospitals in Canada.

Most bases have a medical clinic and most of those have civilians employed alongside military personnel in many capacities.

I've met many doctors in civil hospitals and clinics that were also CAF Medical Officers.

Those are some of the best docs I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Anira_09 said:
Hi,
Simple question, can my gf ( common-in-law) work like orderly at a military hospital?? She has her diploma and experience of 6 years here in Quebec.

I am assuming that your GF is a civilian. All civilians should give CHRO a copy of their resume and any applicable certificates if they wish to be employed on a military base in any capacity. That being said, some entities (Maint / Medical / Armoured) will also contract civilian companies (Calian for example) - if your GF wishes to work at the MIR, her best bet is to contact MFRC at whichever base you are on and they could assist with the steps in the hiring process.

Keep in mind - IOT work in the public service, one is up against the Veterans Hiring Act, essentially putting non-military (vets) closer to the bottom of the list in some cases...

Thanks for the answer
Yes, she is a civilian who has a diploma of health aide care and she will love to continue working in the health department. If she can work at a medical centre from the CF will ne perfect.

We could always use good medical professionals - both military and civilian. Best of luck to her!

Back