• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civilian credentials on your MPRR ??

Rheostatic said:
How do I justify asking a clerk to do this so I don't feel like I'm wasting their time?

The full list would be interesting to see - I have a few things that I think might apply...

George Wallace said:
Simple.

Bring in your Crse Report, Transcript of Marks, Certificate/Certification, or any other legally acceptable documentation that proves you have that qualification.  It will be photocopied and placed on your Pers File and entered into HRMS.
Of course you're correct, but I can't think of any reason to give other than it'll look cool on the MPRR when I go in with my pleasure craft operator card and other miscellaneous certificates that don't have a whole lot to do with my MOC. I'll give it a shot when things aren't too busy.
Corps of Guides said:
The full list would be interesting to see - I have a few things that I think might apply...
Agreed.

Rheostatic said:
...of any reason to give other than it'll look cool on the MPRR ...

Exactly.  Take a moment and think whether whatever it is you are trying to get added is worth it.  Will it contribute directly to your current job?  Is it required?

Don't waste the clerk's time for something useless.

I can't think of anything on that provided list that would be relative in the CF.

If it was useless I don't imagine it would have been incorporated into HRMS. But I get your point.

Corps of Guides said:
Indeed.  Anyone know where I can look up the full list?

On Ex in Ft. Irwin, a lot of us took courses from the Americans and were wondering how to get them on our MPRR.

Wow, I actually have a few of those.

Thank you very much!

Usueful.

I took the STROM test through the BPSO and it was not as helpful as reading through that list.

As for courses not on the list... That are relevant and taken at private training facilities in the states. Can they be put your mprr or will the certificate be attatched? As I am planning on taking some more courses. Note it is a facility already utilized by the CF. I'll ask my unit clerk, if they ever let me back in.

UnwiseCritic said:
As for courses not on the list... That are relevant and taken at private training facilities in the states. Can they be put your mprr or will the certificate be attatched? As I am planning on taking some more courses. Note it is a facility already utilized by the CF. I'll ask my unit clerk, if they ever let me back in.

I took a course in the US; it is not on my MPRR, but a copy of the certificate is in my pers file and is noted on my UER.

Also, if the qualification is similar to an existing CF qualification, you might consider using it to substantiate a PLAR.

I noticed that some of the Industry Canada radio certificates on the list posted back in 2011 appear to have since become obsolete ("01073L Radio Telephone Operator Restr", and "00733L Second Class Radio Operat Cert" for example). Anyone know if the current certificates have been added to the list in HRMS, or if it's appropriate to use the old certificate names? Better yet, anyone know where to find an updated list of Licenses & Certificates available in HRMS?

Here's a list if the current IC certificate types for reference:
http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf01014.html#s6 said:
6. Summary of Current Radio Operator Certificates

Restricted Operator Certificate ─ Aeronautical
Restricted Operator Certificate ─ Maritime
Restricted Operator Certificate – Maritime Commercial
General Operator Certificate
Radiocommunication Operator General Certificate ─ Maritime

George Wallace said:
No.  I have previous Reserve and Reg Force and Reserve and Reg Force and Reserve time.  In fact my MPRRs are now totally out to lunch and I have little faith in them.  They give a general overview, but not an accurate one.  For instance, a person sometimes is recorded as being in an organization due to the fact that the organization they are actually in does not have a posn for them.  I am sure that I am not the only one who has a different unit than the one they worked in for OP CADENCE listed on their MPRR.

This is why the old UERs should be maintained by supervisors on all their people.  They will more accurately record where the member was working, what they were employed at/as, and what start and end dates.  Of course this means that supervisors have to do paperwork, and ninety-nine per cent of them don't want to.

I agree totally, I recently had to point out to my young Sgt's that you can actually write in the blue sheets and when done by a supervisor it becomes documented fact.  Printing them off of Monitor Mass while in many cases works is not the 100% solution and should never replace the requirement for supervisors to review UER's with their subordinates and make changes as needed.

My MPRR are a mess also, but i left for years and came back only to find out my other courses are no longer valid, unfortunately there are no courses to bring me up to speed or show them i am still qualified with the same courses they have now so when ii watch the fellow privates try to operate the equipment i just have to shake my head.

Back