• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civilian credentials on your MPRR ??

Flyguy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
I’m looking into a component transfer and would like to update my MPRR with some civilian credentials that may help me stand out at selection. For example can I add pilot flight time, Firefighter certificates, SCUBA certs, paramedic license etc etc…Is this possible?

In my experience they don't belong on an MPRR but certainly copies should be noted in your pers file. 

Flyguy said:
Hi,
I’m looking into a component transfer and would like to update my MPRR with some civilian credentials that may help me stand out at selection. For example can I add pilot flight time, Firefighter certificates, SCUBA certs, paramedic license etc etc…Is this possible?

No.

A CT is same trade, Res to Reg, or Reg to Res.  Sounds like you're looking at a combined CT/OT, which is a different beast.  When undergoing selection for the new trade you can provide additional information that may support your request.

I guess it is a CT/OT that I’m interested in, but I’ve been told that I should be sure to include all the additional qualification to be more competitive. However the 1 page CT form I was given to fill out and e mail to Ottawa  has no mention of how to make the additional qualifications known it just says to make sure your MPRR is up to date.
If I add the additional qualifications to my Pers File  I’m assuming once the CT/OT is received in Ottawa they will review my Pers file to see if I’m suitable for the transfer?

Just make sure a copy of each of your certificates is on your pers file.

There are several civilian qualifications that can be entered into HRMS.  Although they will not show on your MPRR, the qualifications can be seen on the actual electronic record available to users in units, higher formations and NDHQ. 

As with any change to your MPRR, you must bring in documented proof of your qualification and then it must be entered into Peoplesoft through the drop down panels:  Develop Workforce/Manage Competencies/Licences and Certificates.

A few examples of civilian qualifications available out of a hundred or so are:
01039L Instructor Canadian Fireams Safety
01043L Scuba Diving
01078L Armoured Car Guard
01099L Private Pilot
01100L Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
01107L Emergency Medical Responder
01121L Pleasure Craft Operator Card

I'm not sure exactly how or where the information is inputted (give it to your clerk and they'll know what to do) but civilian qualifications definately show up on your MPRR. My private pilot license shows up on my MPRR...

It should be noted however that you need to actually HAVE a qualification that is both listed and complete in order for the clerk to be able to enter it onto your MPRR. IE., if you have 3 hours of civi flying time, but no license/ratings that won't be entered.

If you have additional qualifications from civi side its always good to ensure they're listed on your MPRR, and as long as the qual/cert is listed, you should have no problems having it added.

I have several civilian quaifications recorded in HRMS.  Some actually appear on my MPRR. :D

Your OR Clerks will have to make copies of the source documentation (i.e licences, certificates etc.) to place on your UPF.  This is to substantiate the entries in HRMS.

Lonewolf121 said:
What is the MPRR and whats it used for?

The Member's Service history is recorded in a concise manner in this two page report.  It gives an idea of where the member has been employed, what Courses they have qualified on, their personal and family data, their education, their awards and decorations, etc.  Not always accurate, but does give a general idea of who the person is.

oh....a DD214.....(the American equivilant)  :)

George Wallace said:
The Member's Service history is recorded in a concise manner in this two page report.  It gives an idea of where the member has been employed, what Courses they have qualified on, their personal and family data, their education, their awards and decorations, etc.  Not always accurate, but does give a general idea of who the person is.

Mine (MPRR) is already at 3 pages long ... and counting.  :blotto:

Aerobicrunner said:
As with any change to your MPRR, you must bring in documented proof of your qualification and then it must be entered into Peoplesoft through the drop down panels:  Develop Workforce/Manage Competencies/Licences and Certificates.

01043L Scuba Diving
01099L Private Pilot
Only having been in since the earth started cooling (not to stray into the Global Warming threads).....but I never knew that.

Thanks.

.....and only a year and a half after it was posted  ;)

clericalchronicals said:
OK...scratching my head now...3?

Reg Force...
Res Force...
_________....

LOL

I thought the same thing, until I went to my orderly room today. I was looking at it as I was leaving, and noticed it had my two positions I had worked as a Civilian Instructor, but not the work I did this past summer on Class B. I went back in, and as it turns out, CI and Res MPRRs are separate for whatever reason. My MPRR for my work as a CI lists my component as CI, while my current one lists component as Res and Sub-Component as COATS.

George, did you by any chance do civilian work for DND or the CF? That might explain number 3.

JMesh said:
I thought the same thing, until I went to my orderly room today. I was looking at it as I was leaving, and noticed it had my two positions I had worked as a Civilian Instructor, but not the work I did this past summer on Class B. I went back in, and as it turns out, CI and Res MPRRs are separate for whatever reason. My MPRR for my work as a CI lists my component as CI, while my current one lists component as Res and Sub-Component as COATS.

George, did you by any chance do civilian work for DND or the CF? That might explain number 3.

No.  I have previous Reserve and Reg Force and Reserve and Reg Force and Reserve time.  In fact my MPRRs are now totally out to lunch and I have little faith in them.  They give a general overview, but not an accurate one.  For instance, a person sometimes is recorded as being in an organization due to the fact that the organization they are actually in does not have a posn for them.  I am sure that I am not the only one who has a different unit than the one they worked in for OP CADENCE listed on their MPRR.

This is why the old UERs should be maintained by supervisors on all their people.  They will more accurately record where the member was working, what they were employed at/as, and what start and end dates.  Of course this means that supervisors have to do paperwork, and ninety-nine per cent of them don't want to.

Aerobicrunner said:
There are several civilian qualifications that can be entered into HRMS.  Although they will not show on your MPRR, the qualifications can be seen on the actual electronic record available to users in units, higher formations and NDHQ. 

01043L Scuba Diving
01099L Private Pilot
How do I justify asking a clerk to do this so I don't feel like I'm wasting their time?

Rheostatic said:
How do I justify asking a clerk to do this so I don't feel like I'm wasting their time?

Simple.

Bring in your Crse Report, Transcript of Marks, Certificate/Certification, or any other legally acceptable documentation that proves you have that qualification.  It will be photocopied and placed on your Pers File and entered into HRMS. 

Back