• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civil-Military Cooperation (CIMIC) - Innnnput!

bossi

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Went to a meeting on the weekend where CIMIC was discussed. One of the more pertinent points made is that we often neglect to use one of our best resources - our own personnel!! Thus, CIMIC initiatives presently underway are going to be paying a lot of attention to the experiences of our pers.

Accordingly, I‘d like to start an "unofficial ball" rolling here and now (like the robot in the movie: "... Input, Innnnnput - I need Input ...!!")

If you have had any experience with CIMIC( or know of somebody else who did), I‘d really appreciate some input - was there any training? - was it any good? - what advice do you have for future CIMIC ops? - what pitfalls should be avoided? - anything else you‘d like to say about CIMIC?

If you‘d like to make any comments "offline", it‘s as easy as clicking on the mail icon, or if you want to e-mail the old-fashioned way, you can use this address: bossi@cdnarmy.ca

In any event, I‘m looking forward to hearing from you about CIMIC - and, you‘ll be hearing more about it, too - soon!

Dileas Gu Brath!
M.B.

All I know is that there is a msg out recruiting for CIMIC. LWFA is forming Dets and 38 CBG will raise 2 x 3 pers tms (Capt/Maj,MWO/WO and WO/Sgt) who must be able to deploy on short notice. The pers remain with their rank and trade "career progression is as per MOC. It is recognized that reservists have unique quals due to civilian occupations. However the msg didn‘t stae what qual they were actually looking for.

This is the best info I can give you and I hope it helps.

Yup - the meeting in Ottawa was related to that (all the areas are standing up CIMIC dets - SQFT and LFWA first, LFCA and LFAA next).

Re: quals/skills of CIMIC pers - eventually something more official will come out, but in the meantime ... the long and the short of it is that virtually anything and everything would be "welcome" - they might be looking for veterinary skills, corrections officers, construction trades, financial skills, linguistic ability ... basically anything you can think of that might be useful in getting the host country back up on its‘ feet and running normally. The reserves have got tons of people with skills and diversity not normally found in the inventory, and CIMIC will try to make use of this!! Stay tuned ...

Back