• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Citadel and Pre-wet

leopard11

Inactive
Reaction score
Last weekend when we were taught the IAD‘s for a nuclear attack, one of the IAD‘s onboard a ship (among others) is to activate the Citadel and Pre-wet(sp??) anybody know what those are?
thanks,

Yes I do. The prewet system is a set of sprinklers (basically) around the outside of the ship. When activated forms a waterspray cloud around the ship. If activated b4 going into a hazardous area washes away about 90% of what ya don‘t want if done after will wash off about 50%

The citadel is the part inside ship that is pressurized to keep clean air in and bad stuff out.

Friend of mine annoyed some yanks a few years ago. He was in Norfolk virginia. The then brand new A. Burke was out. The yanks started bragging about how they had this new citadel system. They left when it was pointed out the 1950‘s destroyer had had same system since it was built.

if I ever switch over to the navy you will be the first person i ask for more info :)
but thats all i Have seemed to need to know so far about the navy, thanks for the offer tho.

I look at it this way I get a free lunch and I have a bed at work, how can you go wrong? LOL

Back