• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

Quite frankly, if all this comes out to be true - this individual or individuals at CSIS should ALL be sited for some sort of official recognition and awards.
In our minds they should be.

I am certain that whoever leaked this info, those individuals and others will be subject to an inquisition by a vindictive and uncaring lot of scoundrels masking as a "government".

I am certain that whoever leaked this info, those individuals and others will be subject to an inquisition by a vindictive and uncaring lot of scoundrels masking as a "government".
I wonder if the public interest defence section (S.15 of SOI Act) could kick in for this case.

No person is guilty of an offence under section 13 or 14 if the person establishes that he or she acted in the public interest.

There are a lot of factors to consider in the sub paragraphs to that section.

Whistleblowing is fine…as long as it applies to some private sector companies. But government personnel? And intelligence folks at that???? Oooh, nice knowin’ ya, pal.

I wonder if the public interest defence section (S.15 of SOI Act) could kick in for this case.

No person is guilty of an offence under section 13 or 14 if the person establishes that he or she acted in the public interest.
Good point however we have seen this current government display a complete lack of interest in the "public interest".

Not to mention the complete lack of ethics they have continuously shown.

Good point however we have seen this current government display a complete lack of interest in the "public interest".

Not to mention the complete lack of ethics they have continuously shown.
They'll have no choice but to root out the leaker. If found, charges will be come. Then a judge will decide if S. 15 applies or not.

Perhaps the Americans are the "leakers"... and the CSIS thing is just a goose chase. Wouldn't be the first time their intel netted one of ours behaving badly.

They'll have no choice but to root out the leaker. If found, charges will be come. Then a judge will decide if S. 15 applies or not.
Unless they lawyer up early and identify themselves. Their editorial piece about why they did what they did seemed to me that they already had some element of legal advice. The discovery process alone if they were charged and prosecuted would be something this (or any) government would never want in a million years.

They should still be charged, at the very least because they bought us more PD sessions on info security.

Then treat em like an Ottawa cop and give them a conditional discharge 😁

If they are hammered with charges I'll be the first in line to donate money to a GoFundMe for them.

Unless they lawyer up early and identify themselves. Their editorial piece about why they did what they did seemed to me that they already had some element of legal advice. The discovery process alone if they were charged and prosecuted would be something this (or any) government would never want in a million years.
You're probably correct about the legal advice. I agree with the discovery statement assuming you mean the techniques/methods etc... however I do not think the RCMP will be able to exercise any discretion here. I submit if the leaker is identified they will be charged. To be fair I don't even know if the info made public qualifies as special operational information and have not reviewed it against the definition, so they could be charged with another offence such as breach of trust perhaps, IDK. But here is the link if anyone is interested in SOI definitions/offences:

Even more telling of where this Government is headed is the fact I Googled the exact title of this news story so I could forward it on to some friends and there wasn't a single Canadian news story with regard to Hong or the allegations shown to me by Google. A handful of completely unrelated foreign news stories and "end of results".

EDIT: Yes I spelt it correctly in the search, I'll leave it here for context
This might have more to do with Google removing Canadian news links in their dispute with Ottawa over upcoming internet legislation.

Even more telling of where this Government is headed is the fact I Googled the exact title of this news story so I could forward it on to some friends and there wasn't a single Canadian news story with regard to Hong or the allegations shown to me by Google. A handful of completely unrelated foreign news stories and "end of results".

EDIT: Yes I spelt it correctly in the search, I'll leave it here for context
Must be google censoring you:

Screenshot_20230323_192848_Google.jpg

Back