- Reaction score
Increasing understanding of sanitation workers?It's OK, our foreign aid payments should help them develop faster
Few Canadians know about aid given to China
Federal agencies paid out a total $6.5 billion in foreign aid worldwide in 2020 according to government stats.
A total $14.2 million went to China.
Cabinet in a separate report tabled in the Commons detailed a portion of Chinese aid, a total $941,140 in grants awarded through a Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.
“The Fund provides modest funding for small scale, but high impact projects,” said the report.
• $37,654 to “foster dialogue on the challenges of young female offenders” in China;
• $31,791 on “empowerment” to “help low income single mothers and girls grow up happily”;
• $30,801 on “enhancing environmental justice and ecological restoration”;
• $18,668 to “advocate equal reproductive rights for non-married women and lesbians”;
• $1,248 for “increasing understanding” of sanitation workers.
Federal agencies paid out a total $6.5 billion in foreign aid worldwide in 2020 according to government stats. A total $14.2 million went to China.www.westernstandard.news