• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

How is it? May pick it up over the weekend
Which one, lol. Still waiting for the Chinese poli book to arrive. If asking about The Galicia Division its a good read, though I do find the author to be slanted a bit towards justifying the Ukrainians motives for joining.

<slightly off topic still, sorry>

At work we have a ‘mandatory book club’ of sorts. Someone will choose a leadership book, we all read roughly a chapter a week and then take an hour on Thursdays to actually discuss what we took away from it.

It’s actually lead to some really good conversations.

Another guy and myself both finally convinced management to go with “ Extreme Ownership” by Jocko Willink.

We are really hoping that the people who get the most out of that book is our senior management. I didn’t learn anything about history in any part of the world by reading it, but it was a good read regardless.

An affair almost right at the top of the CCP, not unsurprising, but these events tend to bring people down, and with the internal power battle in the CCP heating up as Xi seeks a 3rd term, factions in the CCP are trying to take each other down

Last edited:

An affair almost right at the top of the CCP, not unsurprising, but these events tend to bring people down, and with the internal power battle in the CCP heating up as Xi seeks a 3rd term, factions in the CCP are trying to take each other down
Link is broken

When watching that I can't help but remembering the words of Solzhenitsyn - 'The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie. One word of truth outweighs the world."

The world needs to wake up and realise the evil that lies within the CCP and its followers before it's too late for us all.

If you were the paranoid type you might wonder if something like this could be used as a cover to draft a bunch of commercial vessels into military service...say to transport troops and equipment through those coastal waters to an unnamed, nearby island...

If you were the paranoid type you might wonder if something like this could be used as a cover to draft a bunch of commercial vessels into military service...say to transport troops and equipment through those coastal waters to an unnamed, nearby island...
you mean like an invasion of Taiwan, like how the soviets used commercial airlines to invade Afghanistan?

It's a good region to be paranoid in.

Desipte some reports China is foreclosing on the only international airport in Uganda (arguably best known for Operation Jonathan, both Chinese and Ugandan authorities are downplaying those claims.

Problem of course for the CCP, is that there are limited option if Uganda does not want to pay, they can go all heavy on them, but I doubt China can afford to maintain a airborne brigade in central Africa for long by air.

The Philippines are partly at fault for not bolstering their claim as much as they should. I have seen footage on what remains of this LST and it's disgusting. The US should buy/give an older jack up rig with combined, lighthouse, helipad, Electronic monitoring system, modern crew quarters in place of the rig, to replace the LST. Then slowly add a proper dock and build a jetty to protect it.

China will keep doing this to normalize ot, then one day when they think it's just a normal incursion, China will finally strike.

Taiwan isn't dumb, they won't be baited into firing the first shot
unless one pilot finally breaks under the stress. That is what concerns me: everyone has a breaking point

Back