• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chief of Land Staff positions for Reservists coming back from Afghanistan

Dog

Inactive
Reaction score
Due to the recent confusion with regard to trades being closed, and budgetary concerns, does anyone know if Reservists are still being given the opportunity to transfer to the regs went they get back from tour?

I've repeatedly asked my CoC, and the clerks and I've never gotten an answer other than; "I'm not sure, I'll try and find out." And they never find out... so? Anyone here know, or able to actually find out?

I'm particularly interested in my trade (Cbt Engr) but I'm sure there are a bunch of guys on the current TF who would be interested in knowing.

You should talk to these guys: http://hr3.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dgmc/engraph/ComponentTxfer_e.asp?Opensub=12
(Note: the above is a DWAN link)

As Op Podium ended, my Coy (150 reservists and me, the lone Reg force guy) was visited by the CLS.  He said that he has positions for anyone who wants to join the regular force.  His one caveat:  you WILL be posted.

He needs Sgts and up the most but is willing to take almost anyone into the trades that need filling.

Noet hat the CLS initiative (in trade at rank CT if employed in trade at rank in theatre) applies only to Army occupations - Cbt Arms, Sigs, EME.  Log trades are not controlled by the Army.

Also Infantry is full... I know a few people that have tried to CT, no dice.

So.... positions are currently still being offered? I have no access to the DWAN right now...

Dog said:
So.... positions are currently still being offered? I have no access to the DWAN right now...

Worse they can say is "no positions". If you want to CT, put the application in and keep working as per normal. You might be pleasantly surprised and snag an open position.

I just signed my contract as Cbt Engineer from reserve arty. So maybe there is still hope for others wanting to CT

I listened to the CLS today, for about an hour. The message I got was he will take any Reservist into the Reg force, right now, if they have a tour.

You'll have to talk to the CFRC, because he gave no specifics.

The offer may also expire when his job as CLS does (within the month). The new guy may not agree with his assessment, and change the parameters to his own boundries.

Any update on this situation? There are quit a few of us living in the dust without access to much, crazy things like links to the DWAN are completely out of reach for us. I've already done what I can to get the ball rolling. Does anyone have any new information regarding this?

Back