• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Charges Laid for Corruption of a Database

Occam said:
It'll be interesting to find out.  Spouses serving in the same unit isn't a big deal; one serving in a position of authority over another is a huge deal.  If it happened, it's probably a safe bet it won't ever be allowed to happen again.

Occam, Sinclair was the senior IMN on the watch, a position conferred by both her time in the position and the leadership in NDCC.  She'd been working there for a couple of years when her partner was posted in.

As far as I know there was no intent to "cause work" the intent was to discredit two other people who held that job.  From what I saw I believe this was a personally motivated vendetta.

These two thought their shit didn't stink and they wanted to rub some other people's noses in it.

I don't care if they go to Edmonton first, but they definitely should be booted,and good riddance.

" Petty Officer Sinclair also partly blamed hormonal changes from her pregnancy for her state of mind. "

So, her "partial" argument was pregnancy will affect female members security reliability, or at least hers.

old medic said:
So, her "partial" argument was pregnancy will affect female members security reliability, or at least hers.

And a BIG step backwards for postpartum women everywhere.  Give me a freakin' break.  ::)

So I am reading one story "Three Canadian women flying over Afghan skies" praising women for their efforts, at least one does not want to be "singled out as a female".  Then I read this story about all the effort these 2 are putting into undoing the work of other women to ensure gender is not an issue.  Pregnancy hormones ~ Gimme a break!!!

If you want to show initiative and find an easier way to do the job, ~ "According to information provided to the court, Petty Officer Second Class Sinclair had voluntarily created a computer program that allowed officers better access to data by improving how they could search for the information." then good for you, however you should not be doing it for the glory!

I think Monday I'll go to work, really mess something up, then blame the wife's hormones???

Just my 2 cents.  >:D

People do realize that computer programs that they develop while employed at a major corporation, say Microsoft or Intel or whatever, are the proprietorial rights of the corporation.  Why would this be any different?  They did not develop this program on their own dime, at home in their basement, market it and sell it to DND; they developed it while in the employ of the CF, and implemented it at DND on a CF system.  They have no proprietorial rights to their program; DND does.  I am sure those are basically the points that any Corporate Lawyer would come up with.

" Petty Officer Sinclair also partly blamed hormonal changes from her pregnancy for her state of mind. "

Next card to be slipped from the deck will be the discrimination card based on the couples "alternative lifestyle" no doubt. ::)

If you look at the photos from Esquimalt it appears that one of them is pregnant now as well - no doubt an element that will be factored into any punishment - "But I'm pregnant so I can't go to jail." "But my wife is pregnant so I can't go to jail".

dapaterson said:
If you look at the photos from Esquimalt it appears that one of them is pregnant now as well - no doubt an element that will be factored into any punishment - "But I'm pregnant so I can't go to jail." "But my wife is pregnant so I can't go to jail".

Interesting point.  Either it is a 'dated' photo from last year, or we can consider it a conspiracy to evade a severe punishment.  It was last August that the story 'Broke', so eight months minimum, and wasn't she already nursing at the time?  This would be a calculated move, if she is.

For whatever it's worth, I'm with you, LWQ.  George, do you have something other than a gut feeling to base your presumption on?

I don't think the court martial judge is going to care one way or the other.  There are lots and lots of court martial transcripts on the DIN concerning members with much more dire personal situations, and they were still punished fairly.

I find it hard to believe (although not out of the realm of impossible) that a lesbian couple would get pregnant on the sole grounds of avoiding jail time given the fact that under normial circumstances it is very hard to through the system both on the adoption side as well as the medical side.  That said I suppose they could have asked a friend.

My reasoning is somewhat more simple:  If it were a tactic that actually worked, we'd actually see it employed both on civvie street and in courts martial.  The fact that we don't hear about it means it probably isn't a consideration in sentencing.

LWQ,

What's the matter, no one show up to the old chess club meeting tonight, so yer taking your anger on the "Staff"?

I suggest you and Occam read Geoge's post closely.  No where did he insinuate that this couple got pregnant to avoid jail time.

However, if either of you bothered to read this thread, you will see that one of them was nursing a child when the bust at their home happened.  Further to that, the one that was nursing cliamed hormonal changes were the cause of her criminal activity.  Hence why George stated that maybe the photo was dated.  Get it, picture of her pregnant, but the bust happened while she was nursing.

Please, can the two of you stop your Saturday night crusade.

BTW, LWQ, I say this as a poster, not "Staff".

Remember, if you can fit your finger underneath the headband, your tinfoil hat is okay....

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Remember, if you can fit your finger underneath the headband, your tinfoil hat is okay....
dileas
tess

Whew......oh good......

Actually, that's exactly what George suggested.

George suggested it could be a dated photo "from last year", which was 2008.  The crime was committed in July 2007, the bust was in August 2007, but didn't make the news until they were actually charged in August 2008.  If the photo was from August 2008 (and it's highly unlikely that it'd be earlier than that, unless the press got tipped and took the photos long before the story even broke), that would mean for her to claim hormonal changes were a contributing factor to committing the offence, she would have to have been pregnant for 15 months.

I think it's more likely that she's pregnant again, as in right now.

Where did this "crusade" bit come from?

Back