• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Charge against a former Canada Space Agency employee"

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
From the RCMP info-machine ...
An RCMP investigation has led to a charge of breach of trust by a public officer against a Brossard man. Wanping Zheng, aged 61, is being charged in relation to illegal activities carried out alongside his duties at the Canadian Space Agency (CSA).

The Integrated National Security Enforcement team (INSET) initiated an investigation in October 2019 after receiving information from the CSA's Departmental Security. According to the facts, Mr. Zheng allegedly used his status as a CSA engineer to negotiate agreements for the installation of satellite station facilities in Iceland. He allegedly acted on behalf of a Chinese aerospace company.

Mr. Zheng is scheduled to appear in court in Longueuil on December 15 ...
🍿

Interesting, I'll be curious to see where this goes and what comes out through the court process. National Security files can involve some pretty heavy evidence redaction, but they still need to allow enough to make a case to convict.

Sometimes (often) things will get investigated and never go to charges for a variety of reasons, but as soon as charges are laid, it's mostly fair game in open court.

Interesting, I'll be curious to see where this goes and what comes out through the court process. National Security files can involve some pretty heavy evidence redaction, but they still need to allow enough to make a case to convict.

Sometimes (often) things will get investigated and never go to charges for a variety of reasons, but as soon as charges are laid, it's mostly fair game in open court.

If he goes to jail we should probably think twice about sending our team to the Olympics, or we might not get them back.

Oh, wait, silly me. I erroneously assumed that we might learn from previous blunders.

If he goes to jail we should probably think twice about sending our team to the Olympics, or we might not get them back.

Oh, wait, silly me. I erroneously assumed that we might learn from previous blunders.
Don’t worry, our diplomats will be safe. We’re diplomatically boycotting the Olympics.

Take that, China! Feel the wrath of the mighty beaver!!!!

1639024820434.gif

If we really wanted to get tough we would cutoff the supply of Canada Goose apparel to China.
Canada Goose sees revenue topping $1B amid online sales surge, China demand - National | Globalnews.ca

That choice of weapon has already been mentioned by our fearful Leader ;)

Trudeau: Drop parkas, not bombs​

Back