• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Challenging All Currently Serving Members (Military and LEO/EMS)

Oldgateboatdriver

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
You may have noted that, for Canada's 150th anniversary, CTV has decided to produce a video "time capsule" by asking all Canadians to film themselves on Saturday, September 10, 2016, to produce a "Day in the life of Canadians" visual record.

Since this is CTV, I would like to challenge ALL serving members of the CF, Canadian LEO/EMS/Fire fighting dept. who will be on duty somewhere on that day, protecting all of us, to make sure they film themselves and their protection activity, and send it in.

The idea is that there would be so many that CTV has no choice but incorporate some of it in the time capsule and witness for posterity that which we do for our country.

I also ask that you spread the word so that as many people out on operations or standing duty on those days are aware of this and encouraged to participate.

For more info, here is the link: https://canadainaday.ca

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Since this is the CBC, I would like to challenge ALL serving members of the CF, Canadian LEO/EMS/Fire fighting dept. who will be on duty somewhere on that day, protecting all of us, to make sure they film themselves and their protection activity, and send it in.

That's a nice idea. But, best to do it at the station. Taking selfies on calls is frowned upon.  :)

Oldgateboatdriver said:
You may have noted that, for Canada's 150th anniversary, the CBC has decided to produce a video "time capsule" by asking all Canadians to film themselves on Saturday, September 10, 2016, to produce a "Day in the life of Canadians" visual record.

Is there a link somewhere on the CBC site that explains their project and the process for individuals to participate?  I wasn't able to find anything there, but then, I didn't look too hard.  Having as much info as possible will help those who want to contribute.

mariomike said:
That's a nice idea. But, best to do it at the station. Taking selfies on calls is frowned upon.  :)

For those who find themselves in that situation (and even for those who have a little more free range) I suggest that getting their supervisors (chain of command) involved, or at least informed, is important.  However, there will be "good idea fairies" who will take that suggestion and try to make it a "unit project" for which to get brownie points.  They should be slapped upside the head.

Blackadder1916 said:
However, there will be "good idea fairies" who will take that suggestion and try to make it a "unit project" for which to get brownie points.  They should be slapped upside the head.
...or kept busy making and updating PowerPoints to explain the project.....until the due date is safely past.    :nod:

My apologies to all. I screwed up: It's a CTV project named "Canada in a day"

Here is the internet link that will tell you where and when to upload your videos:

https://canadainaday.ca

I will now travel back in time and make the appropriate corrections to my original post  [:-[.

Journeyman said:
...or kept busy making and updating PowerPoints to explain the project.....until the due date is safely past.    :nod:

And of course there will have to be video of an army of staff officers making PowerPoints included in the time capsule.

Back