• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFRP

LigmaJohnson

Inactive
Reaction score
Looking to Commission from Ranks and would like to hear experiences from people who have done CFRP. I'm currently waiting for BPSO appointment for more info and have read all the information provided online. How did the process go? What was the timeline? Did you have to re do CFAT? How did you get the COs nomination? And any other general information you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Looking to Commission from Ranks and would like to hear experiences from people who have done CFRP.
I was a successful applicant for FY 21/22
I'm currently waiting for BPSO appointment for more info and have read all the information provided online.
95 percent of what you need to know is located in the K R&Os, DAOD, and the CANFORGEN released this past July.
How did the process go? What was the timeline?
Message drops in July, started the paperwork in August 21. Did my CFAT rewrite in August. Interview in September. Paperwork deadline to Ottawa is November. The Selection Board sat sometime between Nov and March, radio silence until end of March. I received my offer in Late March, accepted, received my promotion message in May. Promotion took effect 15 Jul 22. PLAR for BMOQ/BMOQ-A/DP1 sent up shortly thereafter.
Did you have to re do CFAT?
Yes. 17 year old me was dumb as a post and hungover the day I went in to do my CFAT as an NCM. I did a study package, was well rested, and brought it up a solid 30 percentage points. Remeber though, if you bomb it the second time, thats your new score going in and getting a 3rd kick at the cat is rarer than jalapeño poppers at the mess on Friday.
How did you get the COs nomination?
My Sqn 2IC overheard me say I was thinking of doing it one day. He said "put up or shut up" and mentioned it to my OC, who then mentioned it to my CO. Before I knew it, the Sqn 2IC said the Adjt had paperwork for me to fill out and it needed done before the end of the week. It's a top down approach, but the top needs to at least know you're interested.

And any other general information you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Make your file competitive. Everyone you're going to the board with meets the minimum requirements the same as you do. Get your language profile updated. PD is huge.

Interview well, and if not, practice what you're saying. It's a job interview after all.

Your CO's recommendation carries a lot of weight, so make sure it's not a one word answer like "Recommended".

A lot of the paperwork you will need to complete is done and driven by you. Make sure you're up on your military writing and get a second set of eyes on everything before you throw it up the chain.

Finally, you miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take, but you also might miss this one. That's OK. There are only so many positions available by trade and there are fat and lean years for CFR applicants. Don't get disheartened if it's a "suitable, no position available" response. Keep being awesome, keep working hard, there's always next year.

Best of luck to you nonetheless!

What kind of questions did they ask on your interview? Any difficult questions that caught you off gaurd? How long was the Interview? Thanks
The content of the interview is protected info, sonI can't get into that specifically. What I would say is that you drive the bus for a lot of it. Make sure you're able to talk about you and sell yourself. It's basically a job interview. Think about it that way and you'll be set.

The appointment was about 90 minutes, but there is some variance. I also showed up in DEU 3A as a mark of professionalism, but then again my wife says I tend to have a flair for theatrics.

The content of the interview is protected info, sonI can't get into that specifically. What I would say is that you drive the bus for a lot of it. Make sure you're able to talk about you and sell yourself. It's basically a job interview. Think about it that way and you'll be set.

The appointment was about 90 minutes, but there is some variance. I also showed up in DEU 3A as a mark of professionalism, but then again my wife says I tend to have a flair for theatrics.

A dramatic jimmy! That's a rare beast ;)

If you have freedom, thank a veteran.

If you have socks, thank a loggie.

If you have reliable Canadian Army tactical communications, thank a dispatch rider, since your radios are either on the bench or in a production line for refurb and upgrades.

If you have freedom, thank a veteran.

If you have socks, thank a loggie.

If you have reliable Canadian Army tactical communications, thank a dispatch rider, since your radios are either on the bench or in a production line for refurb and upgrades.
This guy CNR(E) s

Back