• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFB Cornwallis Nova Scotia

Dzigner

Inactive
Reaction score
SO i have recently come across a picture of my birth mother when she was in the Military. Unfortunaly there is nothing in the picture to state where it was taken or names... Now i have been in touch with a retired Major and he says it was most likley taken in CFB cornwallis NS. so i have researched graduation classes from there and the pictures look identical.. So now my question is, is there anyone that may know of others in the late 60's or early 70's by the name of Terra- Lynn Gauvreau that was there at that time? i do not know how to attach the picture...

Any help is greatful as i have no living family left to ask... And terra passed away when i was 2.

The courses back were segregated and there was a strict no frat policy. However, good luck and let us know how you make out.

If you are on Facebook there is a Cornwallis group with lots of people who went thru Basic over the years.

Have you attempted to get copies of your mother's military records?
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogy/022-909.007-e.html

While it may take some time and there may not be much in the file (depending on how long she served), you may be able to determine when and where she served.  That could narrow your search for persons who knew her back then.

Back