• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Med Tech treats girl, 5, after severe multi-vehicle accident.

Sapplicant

Inactive
Reaction score
Usual disclaimers.

Article Link

Firefighters said, when they arrived, a woman at the scene who was a Canadian Forces military combat medic was treating the girl until firefighters could assist her and help extricate her from the vehicle.

More at link.

Tip of the hat to the soldier.

Title alteration.

To our heroic brother in arms, Great job!

This what soldiers are all about, protecting the people of Canada in one form or another.

Glad she was there because she was most definitely needed by the sounds of it... hope the little girl is okay...

ballz said:
Glad she was there because she was most definitely needed by the sounds of it... hope the little girl is okay...

She passed away according to the article....

Kudos to the Med Tech on scene.

I hate when the media (or anyone else) refers to a Med Tech as a "combat medic" like we have more than one type of medic.  ::)

"Police confirmed Monday morning that the girl was pronounced dead late Sunday night." Could swear that was not there when I read it, I just saw the part about not having a pulse when they arrived at the hospital. :facepalm:

Terrible stuff. Rest in peace.

PMedMoe said:
Kudos to the Med Tech on scene.

The Med Tech is Sgt Alannah Gilmore (who I know you know).  Well done Alannah for doing the best that you could.  :salute:

God, I must've missed driving through that intersection by mere minutes, returning from picking up my wife at the bus station downtown, with my little guy in the back of the car. 

211RadOp said:
The Med Tech is Sgt Alannah Gilmore (who I know you know).  Well done Alannah for doing the best that you could.  :salute:

For those who don't know, she's the wife/significant other of MCpl Jody Mitic.  He referred to her as his "baby momma", but I don't think that's the technical term!)

He posted on his Twitter account that they happened to be there and was hoping that she would pull through.  I'm glad that Sgt Gilmore did what she could, it reflects proudly on the CF.

Occam said:
God, I must've missed driving through that intersection by mere minutes, returning from picking up my wife at the bus station downtown, with my little guy in the back of the car.

A big Well Done to her!!

"Gilmore continued to assist once paramedics arrived, helping them stabilize her and load her into the ambulance. Ottawa Paramedics spokesman J.P. Trottier said her efforts saved emergency crews precious time in a rescue where every second counted.
“It was exactly what the little girl required, but unfortunately she passed away,” Trottier said. “That’s very typical of Canadian Forces people. They always stop by and help.”:
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/life/Forces+medic+could+save+year+crash+victim/4515172/story.html
:salute:

Redeye said:
For those who don't know, she's the wife/significant other of MCpl Jody Mitic.  He referred to her as his "baby momma", but I don't think that's the technical term!)

He posted on his Twitter account that they happened to be there and was hoping that she would pull through.  I'm glad that Sgt Gilmore did what she could, it reflects proudly on the CF.

Actually, knowing Alanna, Jody Mitic is her husband and significant other.

Both are remarkably good people, and one great couple. Neither should play second fiddle to the other.

Rider Pride said:
Actually, knowing Alannah, Jody Mitic is her husband and significant other.

Both are remarkably good people, and one great couple. Neither should play second fiddle to the other.

Fixed that for you.    ;)  Totally agree with the rest!  :nod:

Rider Pride said:
Actually, knowing Alanna, Jody Mitic is her husband and significant other.

I didn't know if they were married or common-law - Jody just put "babymomma" on Twitter when it happened.  Jody - though I've not met him personally but swapped emails/tweets with him a fair bit - has quite an inspiring story to tell, and the world could use more people like him.  Alannah certainly seems the same way!

The warrior spirit in action... quote of the day, "It's go time." Even though the little girl didn't make it, as a police officer and new member of the CF Mitic and Gilmore are certainly two soldiers that make me proud to put on the uniform.

Sgt. Alannah Gilmore -- a military medic with Afghan mission experience -- and her husband Jody Mitic, were six cars back from the crash, which happened around 4 p.m. at the intersection of Cyrville and Innes Rd.

Master Cpl. Mitic, who lost both legs below the knee when he stepped on a landmine in Afghanistan in 2007, turned to his wife and said, "It's go-time."

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/News/national/2011/03/29/17789461.html

bolt said:
The warrior spirit in action... quote of the day, "It's go time." Even though the little girl didn't make it, as a police officer and new member of the CF Mitic and Gilmore are certainly two soldiers that make me proud to put on the uniform.

Sgt. Alannah Gilmore -- a military medic with Afghan mission experience -- and her husband Jody Mitic, were six cars back from the crash, which happened around 4 p.m. at the intersection of Cyrville and Innes Rd.

Master Cpl. Mitic, who lost both legs below the knee when he stepped on a landmine in Afghanistan in 2007, turned to his wife and said, "It's go-time."

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/News/national/2011/03/29/17789461.html

Has someone written her for and award? Was her life in peril as well?

Credit where credit is due, and notwithstanding that many in the CF consider such act simply as "doing one's job", Sgt Gilmore's composure and skills reflect great credit on her and by association, the CF.  Well done!  :salute:

A bittersweet thing, though -- my thoughts and prayers to the Tran family for their loss.

Regards
G2G

Back