• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Issued Junk

Geeese!  Some of these comments bring up a real doozie:

Newbies.

Newbies who know it all.

Newbies who don't pay attention to instruction/detail.

If only there were some way not to get issued these wastes of rations.

;D

George Wallace said:
Geeese!  Some of these comments bring up a real doozie:

Newbies.

Newbies who know it all.

Newbies who don't pay attention to instruction/detail.

If only there were some way not to get issued these wastes of rations.

;D

Wasn't there already a link about this...RMC graduates...2nd LT's with 4 years in the military who know more than NCO's with more than 20 years experience

Chapeski said:
Those combat boot covers, you know, the glossy zipper things. What a waste of cash. Oh, and the CF cripplers that we call issued sneakers. I went through 3/4 of my basic inspections before I realized I hadn't even tied the laces for inspection.

you do know the "glossy" overboots go over your ankle boots/oxfords and not cbt boot right, they invented the other POS WWB to replace the old boots, rubber, stupid

and now my personal favorite the Navy's Raingear, yellow, rubber ducky, about as useless at keeping you dry as the OG Rain gear but has shoulder straps to really hold the weight when the legs fill up with water.

geo said:
But that was still the 70s pattern raingear.
Which is why most of us bought the US model.... which is +/- what our 80s pattern raingear (still in circulation) was copied from.
I think my old US (USMC?) rainjacket is still somewhere in my parents basement ... the K-Way type stuff they issued us (mo-litia in '89, whatever version that was) was absolute crap.  The rubber overboots were useless, too ... I think I wore them once.

ArtyNewbie said:
you do know the "glossy" overboots go over your ankle boots/oxfords and not cbt boot right, they invented the other POS WWB to replace the old boots, rubber, stupid

Wasn't sure what they go over. I only have them because I was told to keep them. They sit collecting dust. I'm seriously thinking about following through with my Sgt's suggestion of just mailing them off to somewhere in the middle of Nunavut. I don't think I'd even fathom putting those things over my parade boots, I'd wreck my (admittedly currently crappy) shine.

Glass half full: The best piece of kit ever - Knife C5; the envy of armies the world over.

Glass half empty: How could the country that invented the C5 knife issue that crappy liquid black boot polish? Shame on you...

Chapeski said:
Which polish are you talking about? The Green tin Emu polish?

That was the Silicone Blackener.

The Black Tin was just liquid black polish and it tended to rot the boots.

Chapeski said:
Wasn't sure what they go over. I only have them because I was told to keep them. They sit collecting dust. I'm seriously thinking about following through with my Sgt's suggestion of just mailing them off to somewhere in the middle of Nunavut. I don't think I'd even fathom putting those things over my parade boots, I'd wreck my (admittedly currently crappy) shine.

- Put them in the trunk of your car.  Good pair of overshoes can be worth their weight in gold fixing a flat on a muddy road on a rainy night.

;D

TCBF said:
- Put them in the trunk of your car.  Good pair of overshoes can be worth their weight in gold fixing a flat on a muddy road on a rainy night.

;D

I've used them on the range before, little heavy but well worth it. Didn't have to clean my boots when I got back to the unit lines  ;D

NFLD Sapper said:
I've used them on the range before, little heavy but well worth it. Didn't have to clean my boots when I got back to the unit lines  ;D

???

The Cbt Overboot or the CF Overboot.  The first is for over Cbt boots, the latter was for over CF shoes.  The shinny CF Overboot is what was being discused...... ;D

Any talk about the combat overboot brings memories of wearing running shoes inside them or from time to time in the winter using the mukluk felt liner as the inner.  Busted a lot of zippers.  Of course we had to use grenade pins for zipper tabs.

George Wallace said:
???

The Cbt Overboot or the CF Overboot.  The first is for over Cbt boots, the latter was for over CF shoes.  The shinny CF Overboot is what was being discused...... ;D

Gotcha  ;D

Khaki wool, winter combat shirt?  Good for one wash.

Those ridiculus "combat" suspenders, and come to think of it, the cheapass leather belt we used in place of it.

Flanel sleeping bag liner, try getting through a Northern Norwegian night with that and a groundsheet, brrrrrrr :-[

I cast a vote for Bangy Boards as well, simply because I ended up mastering them :threat:

TCBF said:

;D

The only use I've ever put mine to were as hats during hall parties.

glock17 said:
I cast a vote for Bangy Boards as well, simply because I ended up mastering them :threat:

Curiousity has got me now.  What's a bangy board?

daftandbarmy said:
Glass half empty: How could the country that invented the C5 knife issue that crappy liquid black boot polish?

The C5 knife was made in the USA, and an American knife without the US on it. Mainly made by Camillus. Then the CF actually bought Chinese copies.

Thats a shocker  ;D

Cheers,

Wes

Back