• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Hair Regulations - superthread [MERGED]

As Occam mentioned, here is the link to the ref:

(page 59 of the pdf)

The reference is dated 1 June 2011, so it is reasonably recent for home based references (vice the DIN).

Thanks a ton guys!

Hopefully someone else, can benefit from this in the future without having to make another pointless topic like i did.

AudiR8 said:
Thanks a ton guys!

Hopefully someone else, can benefit from this in the future without having to make another pointless topic like i did.
Adding this latest to the font of already-existing material here.

On a related note, does anyone know of a barber in Calgary who can do a proper military cut?

I went to John P. at Northill mall for years, but he retired.  Never found a replacement.

Where are all of the reservists going since Currie closed?

//Former reservist.

What do you consider a proper military cut?

Any barber shop should suffice.

-Skeletor- said:
What do you consider a proper military cut?

Any barber shop should suffice.

I've been all over here in YYC.  If you print off the diagram from the 265 then there shouldn't be an issues.  But I just usually ask for a 1 on the sides tapered up to a 2 on the top and thin it out.  Make sure the do the outlining and the back can be square or tapered.  With those instructions most barbershop/hair places will do an alright job.

Now if I could only get them to imporve on my good looks...

To paraphrase Dr McCoy from Star Trek...they're only barbers, not plastic surgeons.

;D.

MM

Is there a hair length restriction for females?

My hair is quite long, and I start BMQ on Feb 4th, wondering if I need to see a guy about a chop before I go.

hoop0024 said:
Is there a hair length restriction for females?

My hair is quite long, and I start BMQ on Feb 4th, wondering if I need to see a guy about a chop before I go.

http://cs.uwindsor.ca/~fitzpatr/A-DH-265-000.pdf

See page 2-2-4 under "Women".

I have a Zack Brown meets Brian Wilson beard  :SOF: ... theyre gonna shave it arent they!? Or make me shave it?? Maybe I should decline the offer. Im awfully attached to this beard. Im gonna be in BMQ and look like a 12 year old.  :crybaby:

108 Stitches said:
theyre gonna shave it arent they!? Or make me shave it??

You're an adult, and you are physically/mentally able to take care of yourself.  Yes, you will have to shave your beard off unless you have a medical condition/have Medical staff give you a no shave chit.  If you do get a chit, you will have to keep the beard trimmed/within regulation.

Someone else will give you a hair cut though, so I hope you aren't overly attached to your hair style right now.

108 Stitches said:
Maybe I should decline the offer. Im awfully attached to this beard. Im gonna be in BMQ and look like a 12 year old.  :crybaby:

Are you serious, or just being melodramatic?

108 Stitches said:
Im awfully attached to this beard. Im gonna be in BMQ and look like a 12 year old.  :crybaby:v

Poor muffin  :crybaby:

Most recruits look like 12 year olds. You'll be in good company.

hahahaha! Im kidding. I would never turn down an opportunity of any size, nevermind an opportunity of this magnitude, for hair. hahahahaha
I like it, i feel like its part of my identity, but i'll be alright - just lookin for some moral support here fellas!

108 Stitches said:
hahahaha! Im kidding. I would never turn down an opportunity of any size, nevermind an opportunity of this magnitude, for hair. hahahahaha

So, you made the whole cry baby post for sh*ts n giggles?  Well, at least you aren't seriously having issues/self doubt over a shave...

108 Stitches said:
I like it, i feel like its part of my identity, but i'll be alright - just lookin for some moral support here fellas!

Moral support from strangers on a forum?  Perhaps you should look more towards family/friends for moral support.

108 Stitches said:

A nice song on the radio perhaps while they do it? < joke >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt6Te7KgSR4

Ha! Mariomike strikes again!! Im starting to think your not even a human being,,, just an entity that lurks in the cyber world waiting to strike with links to great information or comical relief.

Myman!! (bump)

I'm a 19 year old student looking to get into the reserves. I'm a Muslim who has decided to keep facial hair (not very long, this is exactly how it looks like and grows.

Randy-Orton-Pictures-118.jpg

I love my religion as much as I love my country and am proud to look forward to serving a country that allows me practice my religion freely.

Is having facial hair allowed?

Back