• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Hair Regulations - superthread [MERGED]

> A-AD-265-000/AG-001 - Canadian Forces Dress Instructions

There is a stickied thread on here with links to the common refs (CFAOs DAODs etc).  You should be able to find this fairly easily on the online publications depot on the DWAN.

From what I remember, it has pictures with measurements.  You should be able to see pretty easily if you have an issue.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that you'll win the arguement, some will tell you the pub is the 'minimum standard' and that units can go above and beyond that.  Guessing you probably didn't remuster to an air force trade? >:D

RickyBobby said:
Can anyone find me the Q R and O's or DAOD reference in regards to the regulations on haircuts.

Would this be it?

Topic: "Acceptable Army Hair?":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/104425.0

Topic: "Haircut a "go" or "no go" according to dress regs?":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/55956.0

Navy_Pete said:
> A-AD-265-000/AG-001 - Canadian Forces Dress Instructions

There is a stickied thread on here with links to the common refs (CFAOs DAODs etc).  You should be able to find this fairly easily on the online publications depot on the DWAN.

From what I remember, it has pictures with measurements.  You should be able to see pretty easily if you have an issue.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that you'll win the arguement, some will tell you the pub is the 'minimum standard' and that units can go above and beyond that.  Guessing you probably didn't remuster to an air force trade? >:D

Ironically enough I remustered from the army to the air force. However with your last part of the paragraph putting my view now in grey I think I'll shell out the 7 dollars and get a slight trim.... This certain person has it out for me. I've instructed a few times and I know when someone has it out for a student, it happens.

PMedMoe said:
It's in the Dress Regs.  CFP 265.  Do a search, it's been posted here.

I would guess it's the difference in length between the top and the sides that is the issue.

Possibly but its rather tapered, the base barbers normally have a keen eye on these things.

mariomike said:
Would this be it?

Topic: "Acceptable Army Hair?":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/104425.0

Topic: "Haircut a "go" or "no go" according to dress regs?":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/55956.0

I don't think so unless I missed it.

RickyBobby said:
I don't think so unless I missed it.

It's in there.

CANADIAN FORCES DRESS INSTRUCTIONS A-AD-265-000/AG-001, dated 2002-10-04 (mod 1.)

Hair on the head shall be neatly groomed and conservatively styled. The length, bulk or style of hair shall not detract from a positive military appearance or preclude the proper wear of military headdress. (Bulk is the distance that the mass of hair extends from the skin, when groomed, as opposed to the length of hair.) In particular, style and colour shall not present a bizarre, exaggerated, or unusual appearance. Unusual colours, such as green, bright red, orange, purple, etc., are not permitted. Hair must be secured or styled back to reveal the face, and any accessories used to secure or control hair styles shall be as unobtrusive as possible. Hair ornaments shall not be worn, except women’s conservative barrettes which blend with thehair colour. Shaving of all of the hair on the head is permitted. The personal manner of wearing hair within these general style limits, including moustaches, beards and braids, shall be modified to the degree necessary to accommodate operational or occupational equipment, such as gas, oxygen and scuba masks, hard, combat and flying helmets, etc., where a member’s safety or mission is put in jeopardy.

RickyBobby said:
Yes, but I was wondering where the reference was at, page number para etc.

Have you checked your Unit Bulletin Boards?

Dress Regs, Routine Orders, etc. are usually there to keep you up to date on such regs.

mariomike said:
It's in there.

CANADIAN FORCES DRESS INSTRUCTIONS A-AD-265-000/AG-001, dated 2002-10-04 (mod 1.)

Hair on the head shall be neatly groomed and conservatively styled. The length, bulk or style of hair shall not detract from a positive military appearance or preclude the proper wear of military headdress. (Bulk is the distance that the mass of hair extends from the skin, when groomed, as opposed to the length of hair.) In particular, style and colour shall not present a bizarre, exaggerated, or unusual appearance. Unusual colours, such as green, bright red, orange, purple, etc., are not permitted. Hair must be secured or styled back to reveal the face, and any accessories used to secure or control hair styles shall be as unobtrusive as possible. Hair ornaments shall not be worn, except women’s conservative barrettes which blend with thehair colour. Shaving of all of the hair on the head is permitted. The personal manner of wearing hair within these general style limits, including moustaches, beards and braids, shall be modified to the degree necessary to accommodate operational or occupational equipment, such as gas, oxygen and scuba masks, hard, combat and flying helmets, etc., where a member’s safety or mission is put in jeopardy.

Oh crap, cheers, I needed that top part bad lol.

I'd like to start of by saying im sorry if this isn't in the right place, i didn't know where else to place it.

The Cpl, leading us in our run 2 days ago said something about my sides, and saying the top is fine just the sides are (all a blur at this point) we were doing some PT while he said it. Also, yes i did search the site, i did find the regulation at http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13144.0 but i didn't understand it too much, im more of a visual guy  :facepalm:

http://i46.tinypic.com/xfvyo.jpg  -photo of my hair #1

http://i50.tinypic.com/10y18h3.jpg  -photo of my hair #1

Can anyone please shed some light. At the moment i have a #2 on the sides. and i got my hair cut 3 days ago. Do i need to go a #1 on the sides? thats pretty much bald on the sides. or do i need to bring the sideburns up and if so to which point? Im so confused.

Side burns are too low.  Use that little nobby bit on your ear as a guide. 

Bzzliteyr said:
.... (1) Sideburns. Sideburns shall not extend below a line horizontally bisecting the ear, and shall be squared off horizontally at the bottom edge and taper-trimmed to conform to the overall hair style.
(....)
South of the red line in the attached photo has to go, and the bottom of the sideburns have to be level, not slanted like in the photo.

Makin' sense?

Go to the Base Barber, ask them to cut your hair, walk out paying under $10

It will meet regulations since they cut 1000's of members hair a month.

George Wallace said:
Also; a tapered cut, not a a Square back.

Tapered square backs, as well as shaving of the whole noggin are now permitted.

Back