• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Firefighters

JasonH

Inactive
Reaction score
Just curious about employment as a Firefighter in the CF.  I'm currently joining a volunteer department here in the lower mainland and was curious as to what the CF has for this type of occupation?  I don't hear much mention of it.  Thanks.

Just as a heads up, CF firefighter is one of the more difficult trades to get into, lots of applicants, few spots.

Link to the recruiting site for info about the trade:
http://www.forces.ca/v3/engraph/jobs/jobs.aspx?id=651&bhcp=1

Thanks guys, just did the exam.  Pretty common sense stuff, lot easier than the CFAT hahaha.

I got a feeling I'll make it, 15 applicants, one dropped out after the physical fitness test (which was hell).  I can see 2 or 3 not making it but all the others just wow, they all did great.  No one gave up, a few even crawled to finish just so they say they could.  I'll be sad if they can only accept a few, because 10 of us looked awesome and it'll be tough choice for the Fire chief's and members who vote us in to decline us.

Back