• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Bayonet & scabbard

`its a prohibitive weapon under the act beacuase it is designed to be fitted to a restricted weapon. at the end of the day do we or the cops really care, no not really unless you commit a crime with it, then you will be in alot of trouble. any ways guys girls and anything else have a good day

Originally posted by rice:
[qb]
Originally posted by Redeye:
[qb]
[qb] i don‘t know why there are so many aircadets on this forum, and all from the same sqn

mandal, dumaran, guess who i am

here‘s a thought, if you join the army, you can get a c7 bayonet+scabbard for free [/qb]
Wrong.

That would be theft of Crown Assets. [/qb]
the heck are you talking about? did i say he should run away after he gets his paws on them? [/qb]
Rice, you don‘t "get one for free". You‘re issued one with your rifle and you‘re expected to give it back when you hand in your rifle.

Do you cadets realize that it‘s NOT a toy?

Originally posted by AlphaCharlie:
[qb]
[qb]
Originally posted by Redeye:
[qb]
[qb] i don‘t know why there are so many aircadets on this forum, and all from the same sqn

mandal, dumaran, guess who i am

here‘s a thought, if you join the army, you can get a c7 bayonet+scabbard for free [/qb]
Wrong.

That would be theft of Crown Assets. [/qb]
the heck are you talking about? did i say he should run away after he gets his paws on them? [/qb]
Rice, you don‘t "get one for free". You‘re issued one with your rifle and you‘re expected to give it back when you hand in your rifle.

Do you cadets realize that it‘s NOT a toy? [/qb]
do you realize that i meant he gets it issued? ie. without paying for it like he would have otherwise, hence ‘free‘?

[nevermind]

hmm I was referring to the original poster being a cadet (yes I know I could have worded it better), but anyways...

And yes, he gets it issued but you can‘t keep it. It‘s not part of the issued kit you get in your QM. technically you‘re borrowing it for a while.

The origional poster is not a cadet. He WAS a cadet. Now is a CI.

I, on the other hand, am a cadet. Do you have some sort of problem if I do not restrict myself to the cadet portion of this site? I thought forums were free to whoever might stumble across them. I don‘t see why i should‘nt be here or why I can‘t be here. If it is because I am just a cadet and you are showing some sort of prejudice towards cadets, you should visit a Squadron or Corp sometime so you know what we are all about.

what the deuce is a CL?

Also, no. I don‘t have a problem with Cadets. I have a problem with cadets when they want to buy tac vests and CF bayonettes & scabbards for the LCF (look cool factor)....

CL is a cadet camp course "Cadet Leader"

CI is a Civilian Instructer ?
CIC is Cadet Instructer Cadre ?

I‘m not sure if he said CL or CI? Is that a small L or what?

edit: yeah it‘s an "i".

So what‘s a CI?

cvilian instructor. people who volunteer to teach and lead cadets, who aren‘t part of the cadet instructors cadre and so do not have a rank.

Civilian instructor,

when i was in cadets, we had a few CI‘s, they teach you on something they are good at, but are not part of the CF, hence civilian instructor, they do sometimes wear uniforms(combats), but with nice shiny red slip-ons that say Civilian instructor, i have yet to see any CI‘s instructing reservists in my time as a reservist

[qb]Also, no. I don‘t have a problem with Cadets. I have a problem with cadets when they want to buy tac vests and CF bayonettes & scabbards for the LCF (look cool factor).... [/qb]
our point exactly

It all stated about someone curious about buying a bayonet. No its a pisssing contest gone wild. Can some one lock this thread up, cuz it aint going anywhere.

Hummmm.

Wes

yes, I am not a cadet, I am a retired cadet.

The only cadet I am aware of in this thread is Sgt Mandal.

Rice is in the Militia, I am not but I am on my way.

I would be right now but but I uncertain of where I am going to relocate. I may have to move to Ottawa.

About the "wanting a bayonet:"
I simply wanted the practicality of owning one because of my previous experience with the great tool. My gerber is "cool" but it‘s rather complicated and costly to replace when I could simply use that "shank of sharp metal"(ie the bayonet).

Rice can attest to the loss of multitools on FTExs. I have lost 2 such devices in recent years in the bush camping and whatnot.

In the US i would have gotten a straighter response perhaps, since there, bayonets are very common in surplus and cutlery stores.

CIs are technically supposed to enrolled under the CIC(a branch of the reservse) but in most cases CIs are locally enrolled by local unit staff.

My skills acquired as a cadet and in civi life were mostly marksmanship and fieldcraft related so, I pass that along as a CI.

"So what if I want more LCF"
What‘s it to you? Why would you care what gear I possess?

Oh and thanks Wes. How‘s Sydney this time of year?

Originally posted by CI Phlipster:
[qb]

[/qb]
Because posers piss me off.

Its cloudy, and since its not quite 0900 here on Friday morning, its about 16C but will hit about 22C today. The Euro trees are dropping their leaves, the seatemp is 23C, and it aint that bad at all.

Too bad its cloudy, but figures, I book a day of short leave, and the weather goes to crap.

Cheers,

Wes

Wes do you know of a small town called Camperdown? real small place, maybe pop. 3000 or so... ?

A buddy of mine lives there...

[qb]
Originally posted by CI Phlipster:
[qb]

[/qb]
Because posers piss me off. [/qb]
So now I‘m a poser? Sorry, you do not know me, and nor I, you.

I don‘t parade on your street pretending to be something I‘m not. I simply have pride in the few whose duty it is to serve and protect this country.

I don‘t understand your resentment towards a stranger, calling someone a poser.

It is not your place to pass judgement, nor it is mine. SO I DO NOT. You should do that same.

I respect any man‘s opinion but yours, being ignorant of who I am, is just careless and full of unprovoked malice.

Mate, Camperdown if its in New South Wales is an old suburb of Sydney near Newtown, and borders on George St, Broadway, and thats where Sydney Univerity is.

World class institution. Its a wonderful place, excellent pre 1900 buildings, and most places ther are well kept, and expensive. Great Uni pubs too, and near some good world class hopspitals too. Thats the only Camperdown I know of.

Cheers,

Wes

Back