• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Bayonet & scabbard

Originally posted by Pte.Nomercy:
[qb] sgt_mandal,

Once you join the Army and LEARN to inflict death and injuries on people and learn to RESPECT that skill, then you‘ll gain a sense of maturity that will cause you to realize that such things aren‘t fun, games and glorified like in the movies!

You‘re not a grunt.......yet? Well think about this, when you do become a grunt....in the near future! That could be you taking the bayonet to the face! Won‘t be fun then now huh?

Grow the **** up! These things aren‘t video games that have no consequences. These are weapons that are used with a trained military skill to kill people and take their life. It is not a game and nothing to glorify about. [/qb]
Sorry, I just got cought up in the moment. And, I just like knives.

Mandal,

So do I, and every guy at heart, :)

Wait until you get joined up and spent some time in, you‘ll see how stupid and imature some untrained people are.

My friend works at a recruiting center, not in Toronto, and told me how about these psychopathic idiots come in with their "Kill em all attitude."

To quote one candidate this guy was like "I wanna join JTF ONE ( apparently JTF 2 wasn‘t good enough )because I wanna be a sniper and kill people! I want to be Afghanistan NOW! I want to kill as many people as I can! I wanna be a sniper!" etc and etc. :sniper:

Buddy told me this guy‘s rant went on for 10 minutes telling him, and even making shooting sounds, how he was gonna "waste" people. Kinda got me worried of what kind of people are out there!

These are the type of people you don‘t wanna sound like cause it raises quite a few eyebrows and gets your application put in the garbage. :)

Nomercy is right.

Example: I used to think the C7 was awesome and neat and i‘d aim at stuff (not people...) and pretend to shoot and stuff, but after being on the range and acctually shooting it I hope to god I never have to aim it at someone with live rounds... let‘s hope the only "killing" i‘ll do is with MILES and simunition...

Originally posted by Pte.Nomercy:
[qb] Mandal,

So do I, and every guy at heart, :)

Wait until you get joined up and spent some time in, you‘ll see how stupid and imature some untrained people are.

My friend works at a recruiting center, not in Toronto, and told me how about these psychopathic idiots come in with their "Kill em all attitude."

To quote one candidate this guy was like "I wanna join JTF ONE ( apparently JTF 2 wasn‘t good enough )because I wanna be a sniper and kill people! I want to be Afghanistan NOW! I want to kill as many people as I can! I wanna be a sniper!" etc and etc. :sniper:

Buddy told me this guy‘s rant went on for 10 minutes telling him, and even making shooting sounds, how he was gonna "waste" people. Kinda got me worried of what kind of people are out there!

These are the type of people you don‘t wanna sound like cause it raises quite a few eyebrows and gets your application put in the garbage. :) [/qb]
HAHA that was me JK :D no seriously people like that need to understand, from what ive seen there is ALOT more to being a soldier. These Badass snipers need to stop reading t-shirts at there local surplus store.

Alex

Army Medic:

Just because one is in possession of a C7 bayonet, it does not mean it was stolen. I have one, purchased from the Nella Cutterly Company even before C7s were in general issue to the CF. In fact I bought more, and sold them to other CF members who wanted them. Was I selling stolen property? Not.

Between then (1987) and 1994, I had seen several for sale at numerous knife shows and gun shows, both unissued and used condition.

I certainlly am not a thief. If for sake of argument, if one is purchased at a gun show, or through a company, even thru private purchase, that does not mean they are stolen.

I just hate that bloody attitude, some have in regards to complete ignorance of whats available, and what one can own/purchase.

What about the ‘T series‘ Inglis 9mm Browning HP I own within the same serial number range of ones I have seen in CF service? Its been registered with me for 25 yrs, and the bloke before me since the 1950‘s. It was never stolen.

There are many things one assumes cant be owned, and it does not necessarily mean its stolen govt property.

However, now back to the bayonet, if you bought on from someone working in your Q Store in the armouries parking lot at midnight, thats a different story.

Why are some giving this bloke a hard time. I dont have one for the LCF, its a good field tool, and if he wants to buy one, go for it.

If he wants a vest, so what! Personally I would rather wear my own, then have some dirty 2nd hand BO smelling manky/musty kit someone else was wearing.

Some seem to label him as some kind of freak. I think thats out of line, but its a free country.

The C7/M7 bayonet will fit on any rifle which has a M16 bayonet mount, including the F88, and many other types of weapons other than the M16 family.

For "CI‘":

The C7 bayonet is a Cdn improved US M7 bayonet, and aside from the scabbard and frog, the grips differ (universal with nut and bolt, US type are L and R with one side threaded), along with the stainless blade, as the US M7 is phosphated.

The US M7 is marked by ‘M7‘, then the manufacturer(i.e. M7 Conetta)C7 CF bayonets are marked ‘C7‘ and the manufacturer ‘Nella‘.

I paid $70.00 for my C7 bayonet new and in the wrap, and one can expect to pay around $45-$90 for a US M7 used. The plastic scabbard marked with a Cdn NSN, and dated 1986.

The US M7 uses a M8A1 or M10 scabbard which wont even fit on 82 ptrn webbing, but they can be modified easily. They also will not fit on the front of Cf LBV‘s etc. One must have the C7 Cdn scabbard for that.

I use what I am issued, and that a Buck Aussie contract M9 marked with the crows foot property mark on the blade and scabbard.

Its heavy, and rather useless in a way, but its robust and has a few other features such as a saw, bottle openers on the cross piece, a sharpening stone, a pouch for a Gerber or similar tool, a screw driver, and the M9 can cut wire too.

However for a change, I have also used the C7 bayonet too. Its light, sharp, and comes in handy.

Best to get onto ebay and search for "m7 bayonet" or even try C7 bayonet too, as you may luck out. Until tehn sniff around at the local gun shows, and make sure you get a receipt.

As for EIS, I was taught it meant Equipment based on a Individual Scale. Her in Australia, we refer to it as CES, which means Complete Equipment Scale. same thing different language.

Cheers,

Wes

If the item of kit, is not issued, don‘t worry about it. Some people spend their pay , to buy kit and "look cool". When the " Camel Backs" first came out, I can remember people in a building , behind a computer all day , at an " O Group", slurping on their " Camel Back". It annoyed me, the CSM , said keep it in the field. As for the Grrr , kill attitude, fine and dandy, but wait until, you wipe your fire team partners, blood, and grey matter, off your face, because he took a head shot. Or you come back missing a leg, and your genitilia , from a mine .Alot of attitudes change.

well if the youngster wants a bayonet have at ‘er the C7 bayonet is a far cry from anything quality but face it ,it is a disposable tool designed to break if it is used with any amount of force(actually desireable in a bayonet) and not designed to cut,but slash and be pointed through a target. It has no collectors value and is useless as a field knife,but hey what ever floats your boat.

i know this is a little old of a forum but any bayonet is considered a weapon under the canadian firarms act. it states that any combat fighting knife with a bayonet lug is considered a restricted weapon. the same as bfa‘s and 30rd magazines, the box off C9‘s also fall in to this catigory. just my 2 cents worth. i will say thought that it is nice owning your own eis that way you know it works when you need it to. cheers

Originally posted by CTD:
[qb] i know this is a little old of a forum but any bayonet is considered a weapon under the canadian firarms act. it states that any combat fighting knife with a bayonet lug is considered a restricted weapon. the same as bfa‘s and 30rd magazines, the box off C9‘s also fall in to this catigory. just my 2 cents worth. i will say thought that it is nice owning your own eis that way you know it works when you need it to. cheers [/qb]
a bayonet a restricted weapon? I say BS

CTD: I dont know where you got your info from, but you are very wrong.

I agree with the above poster, bayonets and combat knives are NOT restricted weapons, but if you are carrying one concealed under your coat(did I spell that right??) while say for example, downtown in the mall, you would be in trouble, and could be charged. I think its knives with 4" blades or under which can be pouch carried or in your pocket.

However carrying a bayonet your webbing whilst performinhg your lawful occupation is a different story, and is permitted. Same goes if you are camping out in the bush etc.

Bayonets as restricted weapons is one of the biggest fallacies I have heard for a longwhile. :boring:

Cheers,

Wes

Just chipping my 2 cents...

Wesley and Da_Man are correct... bayonets aren‘t restricted weapons..

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/41698.html

The only thing it says about knives is...

"prohibited weapon" means

(a) a knife that has a blade that opens automatically by gravity or centrifugal force or by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife, or

(b) any weapon, other than a firearm, that is prescribed to be a prohibited weapon;

Da_man:
"a bayonet a restricted weapon? I say BS"

I agree, any old knife can be duct taped onto a rifle, having a special little hole makes very little difference. Canada‘s laws are also very hazy when it comes to knives. Length makes no difference, as long as it‘s not concealed (although pocket is not considered to be concealed), but intention matters. By intention I mean that if a police officer finds a knife on you and decides that you plan on hurting someone with it, it becomes a crime. Like I said, pretty hazy. If you do insist on carrying a knife, if it is found on you (for your sake, try not to hide it, say, in your boot. Pocket or belt sheath is fine) do your best to convince the officer that it is merely a tool, and not for use on people in any way (not even self defense!). Obviously this might be a little difficult if your knife happens to be a double-edged dagger with spikes on the guard, but then again, that‘s no tool.

Anyways, the point is that, from what I‘ve learned about Canada‘s knife laws, there is no reason for a bayonette to be a restricted weapon, except for when a police officer deems it a weapon rather than a tool. I could be completely wrong about everything I just said, but I‘m 99% sure it‘s accurate.

No pretty much got it right, Pte Gremlin. It does not matter what the blade length is, if a cop stops you and finds a knife on you and he deems you have no legitimate reason to have it (likes it push dagger, or say a Ka-Bar fighting knife), he will probably just seize it. Being charged with a concealed weapon for knife would happen only if you really make an issue of it, or he is going to charge with something else as well. Rarely would it be a single charge, to much paper work involved.

i don‘t know why there are so many aircadets on this forum, and all from the same sqn

mandal, dumaran, guess who i am

here‘s a thought, if you join the army, you can get a c7 bayonet+scabbard for free

Originally posted by rice:
[qb] i don‘t know why there are so many aircadets on this forum, and all from the same sqn

here‘s a thought, if you join the army, you can get a c7 bayonet+scabbard for free [/qb]
Wrong.

That would be theft of Crown Assets.

[qb] here‘s a thought, if you join the army, you can get a c7 bayonet+scabbard for free [/qb]
hahaha, what an amazingly simple solution. High five to rice.

Originally posted by Redeye:
[qb]
[qb] i don‘t know why there are so many aircadets on this forum, and all from the same sqn

here‘s a thought, if you join the army, you can get a c7 bayonet+scabbard for free [/qb]
Wrong.

That would be theft of Crown Assets. [/qb]
I don‘t think he meant joining just to get the bayonet, then leaving and keeping it.

Originally posted by Redeye:
[qb]

Wrong.

That would be theft of Crown Assets. [/qb]
the heck are you talking about? did i say he should run away after he gets his paws on them?

Back