• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Bayonet & scabbard

Canadian bayonettes are garbage. They break all the time. I‘ve broken about 5 or 6 of them. Brutal quality. If you want to spend money one one to look cool go ahead. I think it‘s a waste, someone else might like it. More power to them.

I don‘t see how buying a knife because it looks cool makes someone a poser.
Some people buy army kit like bayonettes and tac vests, others dress up in their army kit buy airsoft guns and take hero pictures. Some people get ‘army‘ tattos. Big Deal. If anything i‘d consider someone dressing up playing soldier and taking pictures a lot more goofy then someone who just likes to collect the gear or piss around with it in the woods.

It‘s really silly to see recruits and cadets talking down to civilans who are trying to join who turn around and put down trained soldiers when they point something out. (Or any other combination.)

Originally posted by Ghost778:
[qb] Canadian bayonettes are garbage. They break all the time. I‘ve broken about 5 or 6 of them. Brutal quality. [/qb]
Diemaco is producing a new Bayonet, seen here
http://www.diemaco.com/product_pdf/C7A2-webproductsheet.pdf
hopefully it will be alot better (altho i have yet to put a bayonet to use so i cannot judge the current Nella Bayonets, but have heard from many people that they brake alot)I have A diemaco Bayonet Scabbard issued to me, so hopefully these improved bayonets will come along soon (if at all)

I really haven‘t been able to use C7 bayonets in the capacity to break that many but I like the practicality and convenience.

Oh... for the record, I never wanted one to look cool. My original post was I wanted one because I had a good experience with their usage.

Cheers!

Just curious Phlipster, you‘ve said you had good experience with their usage but you‘ve never used them in the capacity to break them. How were you using them?
I‘ve only used mine to run obsticle courses. windlass wire and cut open the tops of beefaronie cans

Originally posted by Ghost778:
[qb] Just curious Phlipster, you‘ve said you had good experience with their usage but you‘ve never used them in the capacity to break them. How were you using them?
I‘ve only used mine to run obsticle courses. windlass wire and cut open the tops of beefaronie cans [/qb]
Used while borrowed from a friend.
-Cut para cord
-whittle
-open a can of fruit salad with a broken tab
-tighten a screw on my camera
and a couple other things.
I think that‘s it.

No running of sorts. and no major stress.

As for breaking, I hve even seen the Buck M9 break in two, so nothing is soldier proof these days.

Thinking back to the C1 bayonet, I never heard of one of those snapping in half.

Again going back in time, the 1907 Ptrn Enfield bayonet for the .303 No1 MkIII rifle as usd by Australia from 1913 to 1960, it would break in half too. So the snapping of bayonets is not new.

Cheers,

Wes

Wes you‘re right. I can‘t remember breaking an old C1 Bayonet either and I know I carried one long enough. Mind I did see quite a few all scratched up and with broken tips though. Some numpty got the bright idea of teaching bayonet drills on a QL3 course in a gravel pit.

Worse part we had to use those same bayonets for an honour guard for Prince Charles and Lady Di soon after. During the work ups for it we were inspected by then Commodore Fred Mifflen who threw a hissy fit when he saw the state of the bayonets.

My dad picked a C7 bayonet up for me from the manufacturers, Nella Cutlery. You can also get them from Gun Shows and Military Shows. The only reason I got mine is because I collect a lot of gear and equipment. Bayonets happen to fall under that designation so I bought a few (C1,C7,M7,M9,Lee Enfields, and AK bayonets)

Originally posted by GGHG_Cadet:
[qb] My dad picked a C7 bayonet up for me from the manufacturers, Nella Cutlery. You can also get them from Gun Shows and Military Shows. The only reason I got mine is because I collect a lot of gear and equipment. Bayonets happen to fall under that designation so I bought a few (C1,C7,M7,M9,Lee Enfields, and AK bayonets) [/qb]
Thanks Cpl... Do you know if there are any shows anytime soon?

Thanks again.

Phlipster, you can pick up bayonets at surplus stores, an on ebay(only order from ebay.ca not ebay.com, ebay.com is american, an if you order a bayonet from america, Canadian customs will most likely seize it)

AK bayonets..... luv em!

I have a few too in my collection, Russian early and 2nd ptrn wirecutters (orange) for the AKM/AK74, Bulgarian 2nd (orange)ptrn for the AKM/AK74, and the latest Russian and Bulgarian new spear points w/wirecutter for the AK74 (plum and black).

Also AKM bayonets which are Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Chi-Com (red and black), Yugoslavian, North Korean, East German (1st and 2nd ptrn).

A couple of early spear point AK47 types too, Polish, Russian and East German.

It should be noted that AKM bayonets will fit on any AKM or AK74 rifle, but not on AK47‘s, and AK47 bayonets will not fit on AKMs or AK74s.

Happy collecting!

Cheers,

Wes

Its is labelled correctly with a ‘C1‘ declaration form, Canada Customs will not sieze it, and if one is 18yrs old or older. You might have to pay duty on it, thats all.

If you are under 18, have it shipped in your Dad‘s name.

I have ordered many from the USA and Europe when I lived in Canada. Bayonets are not prohibited weapons, so you‘ll be fine.

Besides, why would Canada Customs sieze it when they are imported by dealers etc into Canada?

You‘ll be right mate. Ebay‘s got em, but shop around and make sure you get a real one, not some cheap copy. maybe with a Cdn address to avoid the duty.

Regards,

Wes

I have a bayonette from a German Karabiner 98k... it‘s nice and thick. Doubt you‘d break it. :) Sur wouldn‘t want to be poked with it though.

Originally posted by Wesley H. Allen, CD:
[qb] Its is labelled correctly with a ‘C1‘ declaration form, Canada Customs will not sieze it, and if one is 18yrs old or older. You might have to pay duty on it, thats all.

If you are under 18, have it shipped in your Dad‘s name.

I have ordered many from the USA and Europe when I lived in Canada. Bayonets are not prohibited weapons, so you‘ll be fine.

Besides, why would Canada Customs sieze it when they are imported by dealers etc into Canada?

You‘ll be right mate. Ebay‘s got em, but shop around and make sure you get a real one, not some cheap copy. maybe with a Cdn address to avoid the duty.

Regards,

Wes [/qb]
I‘ve never had a knife taken away by customs. I just pay the stupid customs duties and tariffs.

Just as long as the seller is on the right page with his declarations when sending then i‘m ok.

Here‘s a ironic story,
During our movement from Camp Pendleton to Kuwait last, with all of our gear that makes us look so cool (LCF), at March AFB before we boarded our Continental Airlines Flight, we were informed that we had to remove our bayonets and stow them with our sea bags, but our M-16‘s and ammo were Good to Go, in the passenger cabin,

Originally posted by 2FtOnion:
[qb] Here‘s a ironic story,
During our movement from Camp Pendleton to Kuwait last, with all of our gear that makes us look so cool (LCF), at March AFB before we boarded our Continental Airlines Flight, we were informed that we had to remove our bayonets and stow them with our sea bags, but our M-16‘s and ammo were Good to Go, in the passenger cabin, [/qb]
that is perhaps because everyone knows that a 5.56mm round fired in any direction in the aircraft will penetrate the airframe, depressurize the cabin and incapacitate everyone aboard, including the hijacker

You think that would stop someone who wanted to, say.. fly the plane into a building?

I believe FAA rules are clear on blade weapons.
The rifles are cleared to go onboard through many means.
Just like our National Rifle Team. They go on with their 7.62mm C12s. Mounds of forms have to be completed in order to carry a firearm on a comm. aircraft.

With ammo and all you say.. funny ironic indeed.

Back