• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
MikeG said:
Sorry but my MCC was not able to tell me when you are promoted to 2ndLT. With ROTP, this happens after BOTC. When does it happen for CEOTP? I'm out of the running for personal reasons but this one of many questions that went unanswered. Maybe someone can provide the CEOTP'ers with that info...

thanks.

Good question and I have no idea.  I am sure a Pilot could chime in on that one.

kincanucks I apoligize for what seems like a tedious post to you but the only payscale I could find and the only one that has been posted on here lately when I ask does NOT show the CEOTP paragraphs.  Thanks for the information though. 

kincanucks again I am sorry to bother you but I just wanted it known that I called and asked the exact same question to my clerk both by email and phone and she said I would have to wait for the offer for that information.  I understand you are a recruiter and some of these questions seem boring to you but for me it is my future finances.  In the same breath I feel that I will be accepting any salary to fulfill my dream of being a pilot in the CF however I do feel it is a simple enough question for the recruiting centre to answer.  Also pulling from the question by MikeG, how is it that nobody seems to know when a CEOTP pilot will be promoted past officer cadet.  I know it shouldn't be that hard to find out, but it seems to be.

I hope this is what you guys are looking for

The starting salary for a Pilot Trainee is $39,000* once you complete your 12-week Basic Officer Training in St-Jean, Québec. From there, your salary could jump to $60,000, even $90,000 once you become a Captain within a few short years. And there’s special bonus pay – aircrew allowance, and for field operations. (*Salaries will vary for re-enrollees or CF members who are MOC-qualified or MOC-unqualified.)

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/benefits/wages_e.aspx

CEOTP pilot candidates remain Officer Cadets until they graduate advanced flight training - whereupon they will be insta-promoted to 2Lt and Lt all in one fell swoop.  I joined the CF in Oct 1999 and graduated  advanced flight training in Jan, 2004.  I did not attend RMC during this period of time, that is how it takes to train a CF pilot.

So... You will be an OCdt for a long time - it pays to have your degree before applying.  CEOTP was initially designed for 18 year old high school graduates who would think that $20,000/year was lots of money.  This plan does not help the single income family - you will be able to get by, just don't think about buying a boat in the near future.

Zoomie, thanks very much that is the exact type of answer I was looking for.  Now can I ask you, do you not agree that this simple tidbit of information should be readily available from my recruiting office?  My medical is cleared, interview done should be heading out to asc in the next couple of weeks and still have trouble getting answers to what I feel are simple questions.

mbhabfan said:
kincanucks again I am sorry to bother you but I just wanted it known that I called and asked the exact same question to my clerk both by email and phone and she said I would have to wait for the offer for that information.  I understand you are a recruiter and some of these questions seem boring to you but for me it is my future finances.  In the same breath I feel that I will be accepting any salary to fulfill my dream of being a pilot in the CF however I do feel it is a simple enough question for the recruiting centre to answer.  Also pulling from the question by MikeG, how is it that nobody seems to know when a CEOTP pilot will be promoted past officer cadet.  I know it shouldn't be that hard to find out, but it seems to be.

Each occupation has different requirements for promotion and it is not our jobs to know each of them.  I don't know when a pilot gets promoted to 2Lt because I am not a pilot.  Ask me when a General Service officer gets promoted and I can tell you but that is because I want to know that not because I have to know it.  There are a lot of pilots on this board and with a little effort I am sure they can answer the promotion question.  Recruiting is responsible for an applicant up to completion of basic training and that is it.

thank you for the information.  I think Zoomie has answered it well.  If I am asking the wrong people like the recruiters how would one find out if there was no boards like this?  I had just assumed that this knowledge would have been common in recruiting and therefore wouldn't be hard to find.  Again thanks for the information.  The pay is a bit low but as I posted earlier I would accept pilot under almost any pay. 

kincanucks said:
Each occupation has different requirements for promotion and it is not our jobs to know each of them.  I don't know when a pilot gets promoted to 2Lt because I am not a pilot.  Ask me when a General Service officer gets promoted and I can tell you but that is because I want to know that not because I have to know it.  There are a lot of pilots on this board and with a little effort I am sure they can answer the promotion question.  Recruiting is responsible for an applicant up to completion of basic training and that is it.

Good to know. Too bad there weren't Pilots doing OJT my CFRC. (or does that not happen?) I agree with mbhabfan. It was extremly frustrating trying to get answers but based on your response, I can appreciate what was going on. I had a general idea but I wanted to confirm how long I was going to be an OCDT, what my pay would be exactly etc. Guess I should have tried army.ca first. On the other hand, there were simple questions such as the exact date (not just the month) of my IAP/BOTC course that could not be answered. But that is another story and doesn't matter anymore.

CEOTP was initially designed for 18 year old high school graduates who would think that $20,000/year was lots of money.  This plan does not help the single income family - you will be able to get by, just don't think about buying a boat in the near future.
or food and diapers. (my wife and I are expecting) No seriously, it is an excellent opportunity for those, who as Zoomie mentioned, are straight out high school or those older kids whose parents still cook with cheese. You also have to consider that your Degree is paid for along with the flight training.

When I first visited Recruiting as a HS grad in the 90's, they weren't taking anybody. Sure wish I had an opportunity such as this back then! I also talked to a 130 driver from 8 wing who told me about the OCDT Training Plan (might be wrong name) that entered the CF through and he still does not have a degree? Just interesting point - not starting a why do we need a degree thread - I don't question the requirements at all.

CEOTP pilot candidates remain Officer Cadets until they graduate advanced flight training - whereupon they will be insta-promoted to 2Lt and Lt all in one fell swoop.  I joined the CF in Oct 1999 and graduated  advanced flight training in Jan, 2004.  I did not attend RMC during this period of time, that is how it takes to train a CF pilot.

Forgive my civie mind but Zoomie, does that mean you are a  LT until you earn your degree? Or what causes one to be promoted to Capt.?  Also, have the wait times for the Jaw improved since your training or is still around the same amount of time?

Excellent information gentleman. Might I say, you Sir along with Kincanucks are truly an asset to the board. Thank you very much. mbhabfan, nice digging for those CEOTP'ers. Thanks again, I can sleep tonight now. I just hope I didn't burn the only bridge into Mike's dream by refusing my offer...

Mike your story made me kind of nervous earlier in the day.  I have since come to the understanding that things will happen when they happen, they will tell me when they tell me.  I would also like to echo that Zoomie, Kincanucks, Inch, and Bograt have always been extremely helpful and a big thank you to all of you.  Mike good luck and I will keep in touch.

mbhabfan said:
Mike your story made me kind of nervous earlier in the day.  I have since come to the understanding that things will happen when they happen, they will tell me when they tell me.  I would also like to echo that Zoomie, Kincanucks, Inch, and Bograt have always been extremely helpful and a big thank you to all of you.  Mike good luck and I will keep in touch.

Thanks and good luck to you too. Been a pleasure chattin' with you along the way. We'll go for pints in two years at the mess when my degree is all wrapped up. What's another 2 years on top of what I have already waited? I just have to go around. Just hope they are still looking for Pilots then...

Inch and Bograt have been a great help/inspiration to me too. Thanks guys. Never thought I would turn an offer for Pilot down...oh well.

mbhabfan, send me pics along the way...

Hey Rob, I don't recall your name, but you will probably remember me,

I graduated from basic in June 01 and started my QL3 comm rsch shortly after, so we were either on the same training or you were on the class before me.

I did my IE and transfered to the reserve after, now I'm also going back in the regular forces. Are you going back as a comm rsch ?

Teasdale (or frequently called frenchy)

Grass isn't always greener on the other side? Welcome back in, good luck to you!

Former291er said:
Hey guys, Just found this site, Its pretty cool. To introduce myself, My name is Rob I was In Comms Rsch From Jan 01 to Jan 04 got out after my initial contract (really bad idea for anyone thinking on getting out, You have it good, lol). Now I am Joining again under the CEOTP option as either a pilot or an air traffic controller. Can't wait to get back in and start making some real money again, lol. So who else out there made the same mistake as me? And what finally changed your mind to get back in?
Rob

Your anticipated Career Choices indicate that you are more than sufficiently educated, so a better question is why did you get out ?.

As far as making some real money again, I might suggest that it might be interpited as a prime motivation for re-enlistment.

Cheers.

Hey teasdale, man I remember you. You, Dantramante and myself went up town one night in kingston, and you were with our ql3 right up until the morse code held you back. You went into RMS clerk did you not? Are you still in? Where are you posted now? I'm back on Cape Breton right now, waiting for the Officer Job Board in June, can't get here soon enough. I am going for my pilot testing the end of April, and if I pass, its all good but if I don't I will probably take air traffic control, although a CELE Officer is what I really want, but they don't offer that with CEOTP as of yet.
Good to hear from ya man, Post back and let me know whats going on.
Rob.

Sorry Teasdale I forgot to mention. The Last name is Vaters. What are you going back in as?

FastEddy said:

Your anticipated Career Choices indicate that you are more than sufficiently educated, so a better question is why did you get out ?.

As far as making some real money again, I might suggest that it might be interpited as a prime motivation for re-enlistment.

Cheers.

Hey bro. As for getting out it was a little bit of a few situations. I was only 19 when I joined and got married 3 months later and then only 6 months after that my father passed away. Then 10 months after that in the same month my grandmother died and my other grandmother told us she only had 6 months to live because of cancer(she is still alive by the way). Then about a year after that my wife and I found out that we were going to have a baby. And just to mention, i am not ashamed, my father did commit a rather violent form of suicide that my 16 year old brother and mother walked into find. I only got 2 weeks off from work for that. But back to 2003 when my wife found out she was pregnant my mother and brother were having a hard time so because of all of this, I decided to try to go home and see if I could help out and get my head straight.
I'm sorry if this sounds depressing but it is my story for getting out, i am not at all sensitive or depressed or anything about this anymore. I am just excited as hell to get back into uniform again. Even though I have to do basic training again. lol.
Rob.

Former291er said:
Hey bro. As for getting out it was a little bit of a few situations. I was only 19 when I joined and got married 3 months later and then only 6 months after that my father passed away. Then 10 months after that in the same month my grandmother died and my other grandmother told us she only had 6 months to live because of cancer(she is still alive by the way). Then about a year after that my wife and I found out that we were going to have a baby. And just to mention, i am not ashamed, my father did commit a rather violent form of suicide that my 16 year old brother and mother walked into find. I only got 2 weeks off from work for that. But back to 2003 when my wife found out she was pregnant my mother and brother were having a hard time so because of all of this, I decided to try to go home and see if I could help out and get my head straight.
I'm sorry if this sounds depressing but it is my story for getting out, i am not at all sensitive or depressed or anything about this anymore. I am just excited as hell to get back into uniform again. Even though I have to do basic training again. lol.
Rob.

Well Bob, it sure sounds like you've had your share of problems and then some. Kudos's on not letting these events scar your thinking or attitude. I hope that your reenlistment goes smoothly and probally will, but bare in mind that not everyone gets a second chance, so hold on dearly to it.

Keep your progress updated on this Thread so we can all share the Happy Ending.

Good luck. P.S. even though it might be way down the list, I would leave the financial comments out of the conversation.

Cheers.

Hey Rob glad to hear that you came out well of all that, I sort of remember hearing about all that stuff during the QL3, I had my own deals of problem too, but they were more related to myself.

Yeah I didn't made it pass the last morse code phase but it was sort of intentionally, it was really driving me nuts and I didn't wanted to end at a morse code station like what we saw in Leitriem for 2-3 years.

I remustered in RMS clerk which was a big mistake too, but I did get to move out west which was one of my dream. After my IE I left and went back to Quebec (where I am right now) to finish my CEGEP degree. Now I'm over with that and all my personal issues etc etc and I'm going back as a NES op, but I'll do another degree part time.

I'm currently working some issues with my girlfriend too, she's from the US and will move with me in Victoria, we too almost had a kid, but didn't end up that way.

While in the reserve I went to aldershot for my QL5, hated the place, but loved NS, I want to go back to hike cape breton.

I was 18 when I joined, and not quite ready for a military career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back