• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mbhabfan said:
haven't been on in awhile...but here goes.   I am 32 and in June passed the cfat, physical, medical, and interviewing.   I was given an offer for AVN and turned it down.   I was initially trying for pilot at that time but did not meet the degree requirements.   My question is having turned down the AVN tech offer, are my chances even less now?   Pilot is what I have been wanting just didn't seem like it was going to work out.

If AVN was your first choice then you have to wait until after Dec before they will reopen your file.  The turning down of an offer doesn't reflect well upon your motivation but if you excel in other areas it can be overlooked.  Good Luck.

Mhabfan,

It won't have any effect. Best thing to do is go to the CFRS and arrange a meeting with the Captain. Give it a shot and best of luck.

Inch,

I was wanting to go, but don't have a date (wife will be in Terra Nova). You know if the other Lts are going? Drinking alone is one of those boxes in the social worker questionnaire one does not what to check. :)

I had chosen pilot as my first choice on my application, and AVN as second.  They would not accept the pilot as first choice due to the lack of degree. 

mbhabfan said:
I had chosen pilot as my first choice on my application, and AVN as second.   They would not accept the pilot as first choice due to the lack of degree.  

Therefore, AVN was your first choice.  Discuss it with your CFRC/D.

can anyone answer if the ceotp is filled for pilot this time around? Also, I have been chosen for a second interview for pilot this time, does everyone make the interview stage or do they screen some out right off the bat?  Are the ceotp pilot positions for this coming January or when?  Thanks.

I had crap marks in Gr. 12, but got into University right after grad anyway...so they were good enough to be accepted to civie U...I had to leave civie U for financial reasons...I have 7 credits to my name. But that was 7 years ago.

I have an interest in CEOTP. But if everything rides on the CF's interpretation of my marks I'm phuct. I can see how one can not qualify if accepted to university as a "mature student", but I had been accepted to university (once upon a time) based on my grade 12 marks.

Here's hoping I can get in...I would be interested in Combat arms...I like the Arty world...but I don't believe in Husband and Wife in the same chain of command so I may have to rethink things.

I'm in first year engineering, passed ASC for pilot and ANAV last April, and have most training completed for Private Pilot Licence.

I'm on a Co-op program, every 4 months I do a work term placement which is more than enough to pay for the next semester of school; so paying for my degree isn't really a problem (which seems to be advantage of CEOTP).

With CEOTP I'm going to have to get a degree sometime, so is it better for me to just stay in school and keep dreaming till I'm done?

spoon man said:
With CEOTP I'm going to have to get a degree sometime, so is it better for me to just stay in school and keep dreaming till I'm done?

Yes that is a good plan - get your degree now, full time.  Doing it later via correspondence will be a pain.

Hey guys, Just found this site, Its pretty cool. To introduce myself, My name is Rob I was In Comms Rsch From Jan 01 to Jan 04 got out after my initial contract (really bad idea for anyone thinking on getting out, You have it good, lol). Now I am Joining again under the CEOTP option as either a pilot or an air traffic controller. Can't wait to get back in and start making some real money again, lol. So who else out there made the same mistake as me? And what finally changed your mind to get back in?
Rob

Hi,

I just have a quick question... If I get into the CEOTP program, when I'll get my degree, will my pay be the one the CEOTP Montly Pay Rates Table ? I'm not quite sure, so if anybody knows about it, that would be really helpful

Ref: http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/media/pdf/other/RegularForcePay.pdf

Thanks...

Darkage said:
Hi,

I just have a quick question... If I get into the CEOTP program, when I'll get my degree, will my pay be the one the CEOTP Montly Pay Rates Table ? I'm not quite sure, so if anybody knows about it, that would be really helpful

Ref: http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/media/pdf/other/RegularForcePay.pdf

Thanks...

You will continue to be paid under the entry plan that you enrolled under unless you transfer to another occupation that has a seperate pay table such as Pilot.

good luck I asked the same type of question a week ago, no intelligent answer.  When I ask at the recruiting office I get "wait until the offer comes"  yeah whatever.....makes a guy wonder why they won't divulge such simple information.

Sorry but get used to hearing just that - "wait until the offer comes" and the more frequently used "I don't know."

Good luck.

kincanucks said:
You will continue to be paid under the entry plan that you enrolled under unless you transfer to another occupation that has a seperate pay table such as Pilot.

thanks for the quick reply

so can anyone answer what a CEOTP pilot salary will be?

Seems to be some sort of a secret, nobody seems to know, or be willing to say the salary or the time period for being an officer cadet as a CEOTP pilot applicant.

mbhabfan said:

so can anyone answer what a CEOTP pilot salary will be?

Seems to be some sort of a secret, nobody seems to know, or be willing to say the salary or the time period for being an officer cadet as a CEOTP pilot applicant.

As an OCdt you are paid under the CEOTP pay scale and once you are promoted to 2Lt you will be paid under the DEO Pilot pay scale.

HH

kincanucks said:
As an OCdt you are paid under the CEOTP pay scale and once you are promoted to 2Lt you will be paid under the DEO Pilot pay scale.

HH

Sorry but my MCC was not able to tell me when you are promoted to 2ndLT. With ROTP, this happens after BOTC. When does it happen for CEOTP? I'm out of the running for personal reasons but this one of many questions that went unanswered. Maybe someone can provide the CEOTP'ers with that info...

thanks.

mbhabfan said:
also which one is the ceotp pay scale if you don't mind me asking?

For crying out loud! That would be the second one down. Below ROTP and above DEO.  And the DEO Pilot, before you ask, is the second one from the bottom.

http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/media/pdf/other/RegularForcePay.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back