• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cenotaph/Memorial Vandalism/Solutions-Laws (merged)

Cloud Cover

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Reaction score
Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060509.BCBRIEFS09-3/TPStory/National

Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Canadian flags burned, Veterans' headstones overturned
'Cowards' targeted graves, veterans' spokesman says
Kamloops -- A veterans' spokesman blames "cowards" for targeting military graves and burning a Canadian flag.

Gord Marsh of the Army, Navy and Air Force Veterans Association said yesterday someone overturned veterans' headstones at the Pleasant Street Cemetery.

The vandals also burned or destroyed Canadian flags marking those graves for a special VE-Day ceremony planned for last night.

RCMP Corporal Fran Bethell said police have no suspects. "We haven't been able to locate any suspects, so we're making an appeal to the community."

CP article from the May 9, 2005 online edition of the Globe and Mail   

utterly disgusting, I hope they find those cowards. If the police are lucky they'll blab about it and someone will turn them in.

:cdn:

What's really pathetic is that someone out there thinks they've done something to better the world by desecrating a Veteran's grave... Jolly good show, you've thwarted the new world order once again.

Absolutely disgusting.

Maybe the cops, if they find out, should just announce their names in the paper and "let nature take it's course".  I am sure they would find the tree monsters some night shortly thereafter...

I heard this on the A.M. news. It sickens me to know there idiots like this in the world never mind Canada. Who raised these people? My grandfather was WWII vet as were his brothers and everytime I am "home" in Manitoba I take flowers etc. to all of them. To think that someone would do that to his grave makes me sick to my stomach. I just wish I lived closer so I could have been out there helping the old fellas get things back right.

Disgusting, this (in my opinion) is most likely youths who figure they want to make a statement because

a)Daddy didn't love me enough
b)Canada is in "IRAQ" to steal oil
c)They couldn't kick the bed wetting problems
d)all of the above

I'm with MRM. I haven't seen a tree monster in years and something like this would be a perfect opportunity.

They probably will talk, fools like this do believe they are doing their little part to stick it to the man and will want to brag about it.

Punks.

Wookilar said:
I'm with MRM. I haven't seen a tree monster in years and something like this would be a perfect opportunity.

They probably will talk, fools like this do believe they are doing their little part to stick it to the man and will want to brag about it.

Punks.

Fools like me believe they are doing thier part by becomming a "tree monster."

I can not believe this happened, I cannot even fathom witnessing an act like that.

:threat:

Imagine how the vet's feel...sitting around the Legion in the morning...having a coffee or something with all the boys that are left that they served with...and having to see crap like this on the news or hear it on the radio.

Ungrateful freakin' people in this country...shameful.

"tree monsters" would be a good thing if their names make it onto the news if they are caught...what will the courts do?  Fine them?  "You are a bunch of big poopies.  Don't do that again."

Its a joke... :rage:

The Legion here is Petawawa was vandalized last week. Don't know all the details.

:fifty:

what the hell is wrong with the people in this country??  Lets ship all the pr**cks like that to Astan and leave them in the mountains...

van Gemeren said:
The Legion here is Petawawa was vandalized last week. Don't know all the details.

Yeah....heard about that too. What is it with the kids these days?

I say kids because youths take responsibility for their actions and have a moral compass to guide them....whereas kids don't.

Outright disgusting. Way to thank the vets for their sacrifices.

Regards

MRM we really don't what to send them to Astan unless they make them a nice obstacle course out near the firing range. And think of the cost to us Joe tax payer to get them there. No i think they should be put on a military base here with a bunch of pi$$ed off CF members and write on the back of their coveralls " I desecrated a war vets grave site" and see what happens to them after a few nights.

MilGranny,

I think it would be less than a few nights..."minutes and hours" seems to be more likely to me.

Well, to the vet's, ignore those cheesed**cks.  Your country is grateful.  :salute:

Mud

What a bunch of oxygen thieves, these clowns should be sent out in front of our guys to clear IED's and minefields.....walking bloodclots everyone of them.

Devlin I never thought about that, maybe it would be a good waste of my tax dollars to send them to A'stan after all.

theres nothing more i can add to this but if some idiotic person did that around here i would try to find out who did it and beat them with a aluminum pole with the Canadian flag painted on it  :cdn:

Langevin I would be better if you could find someone to weld a Canadian flag to said pole then every time you hit the b*****d it would imprint the flag across their a$$

Fear not lads, justice will come in time, and there is no honour amoung crims, so sooner or later one will brag about it, and before you know it, they'll be caught.

The true crime about this is the offenders will get off due to an impotent justice system, and that we all know is true. In today's Canada  and throughout the western world, its the criminals that have all the rights, the victims have nothing.

The best thing that could happen to these gutless wonders is to be named, and pay restitution by cleaning the mess up they made, or better yet, a little bit of street justice, and a good shyte-kicking too boot.

No PC here, sorry.

I too am disgusted.

Wes