• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cdt training= to BMQ

Soldier of Fortune

Inactive
Reaction score
Alright, I heard that if you get your National Star Qualification and/or do Cadet Leader Instructor course its equal to doing BMQ. They say that if you were to join the reserves, for example, you would immeadiatly be send for training in your trade and you would skip basic. True, or just a tale?

all I can say is that there was a guy on my BMQ who was a Chief Warrant Officer in cadets.

That sounds like a load of bollocks. No Cadet Course except perhaps Para carries into the CF. The RSM of our cadet unit was doing his QL2 on weekends in preparation for making the jump a few years ago. The staff always jacked him up about it, calling him "Sgt Major" all the time.

Perhaps Para? Yeah, no. Try:"except Para". It‘s the actual Reg. Force course that we do, so it definately transfers over (its the only cadet qualification that transfers over into the CF).

There is no equivelency, you will have to do your BMQ. I have, however heard that if you are in the cadets for over 3 years before joining the CF, you get the 6-month pay raise for privates, without having to wait 6 months.

Please correct me if I‘m wrong (about the pay raise incentive).

I have also heard about the pay incentive aswell, but I doubt the BMQ thing is true. A buddy of mine was in cadets and had both of those qualifications and had to do his BMQ.

oops my bad.....silly CFRC never gave me any incentive days but you still get to do BMQ.

There is a lot of guess work and bad information going on here. The truth was posted months ago:

http://army.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/16/224

Do not forget, Everyone in the military MUST do be a BMQ. i doubt there are any exceptions, I will check if you really do want further information.

I have a friend who was in the CABC and said that the cadets on his jump course only have to do the mock tower to get their jump wings.
What are the experiences of the cadet jumpers on the forum?

Wow.. I just heard that if you get to Warrant Officer you get an automatic $2000 when you join. At least for the reserves anyway. ^_^

As a cadet jumper I can tell you that we do jump from aircraft to earn our wings. I do not know how it may have been 5 or 7 years ago, but I know that since 97 (possibly earler) cadets have jumped CC130 same as everyone else.

This past summer it seems that the cadets jumped from a civvie plane.. and they only did ramp jumps. I dont know if it was the same for the regular/reserve courses. I doubt it. Apparently the reason they did not jump from the Herc. was lack of money to pay for the military plane.

There is a set of wings for cadets who do the mock tower but they are not the same as the Basic parachutist wings. The tower wings actually say on them "cadet tower." Cadets get the tower wings on the expedition course offered in Blackdown CTC, and the old Airborne Regment cadets did the tower as well and recieved the pin. I would assume that the cadet corps affiliated with the jump companies would also have access to the mock tower. But the cadets jumping the tower do not get held to any standard to recieve the "wings." They just have to get out the door and not die.

I have not heard anything about getting a $2000 bonus for being a warrant officer or anything. I believe that if you are NSCE you can get 180 days toward your next pay incentive.

... you do cadet jumping?! Where?! How?! When can I apply!?

You guys are all still in school...don‘t you remember the lesson on gossip and how it is bad.
I think I have seen more "I heard"s here than in 17 year olds slumber party.

Please refrain from offering what you have "heard" so that someone in the know (they do exist here) can set the record straight.

yes the 6 month rumor is true. they cut off 6months from your first promotion. so instead of a two year wait its only 18 months.

Getting an eairly promotion like that is a GREAT way to make the rest of the privates in your platoon like you and treat you as an equil.

Hey Army Chick. You can do the para course if you quit you air cadet sqn, and join ARMY cadets. That is the only way you can do the course as a cadet.

Where you ask? The Canadian Parachute Centre, CFB Trenton.

And to apply you have to come in the top 50 cadets in Canada on your National Star Certification exam, and absolutely smoke the P.T. test. The course is only offered in the summer.

If you want more info check out the "Army Cadets" section of this forum. There is always some topic about the course going on and there is lots of information.

Back