• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

I wonder how many guys want to show their vax papers at a strip club?

We get a mRNA vaccine facility out of this at least.

Moderna, being a new company, probably jumped all over this, and Canada, having been on the wrong end of US protectionism, definitely needs domestic capacity.

How it started.

How its going.

Oh Florida...

DeSantis went from Fauci leave me alone to send me ventilators please in the course of a month.

In the words of Sir Humphrey on "Yes, Minister," an ... extremely courageous decision this close to (at least an alleged) election ....
... The Government of Canada today announced its intent to require vaccination as early as the end of September across the federal public service ... In addition, as soon as possible in the fall and no later than the end of October, the Government of Canada will require employees in the federally regulated air, rail, and marine transportation sectors to be vaccinated. The vaccination requirement will also extend to certain travellers. This includes all commercial air travellers, passengers on interprovincial trains, and passengers on large marine vessels with overnight accommodations, such as cruise ships ... Further, the Government of Canada expects that Crown corporations and other employers in the federally regulated sector will also require vaccination for their employees. The government will work with these employers to ensure this result ...
Text also attached in case link doesn't work for you.

Attachments

• canada.ca-Government of Canada to require vaccination of federal workforce and federally regul...pdf
    78.5 KB · Views: 0
Man, we moved pretty damn quickly from "2 Weeks to Flatten the Curve" to "Papers, please".
My take on it was everyone was under the (obviously now mistaken) impression that everyone would actually follow rules for 2 weeks.

Wonder how the public service unions'll wear this one?

My take on it was everyone was under the (obviously now mistaken) impression that everyone would actually follow rules for 2 weeks.
You know, they blamed sick people for being sinners during the bubonic plague in the Dark Ages, figured in 700 years we would have been enlightened enough by now to know how silly it is to make those statements about an airborne virus.

The 2nd, 3rd and now 4th wave have occured/are occuring while mask mandates and lockdowns have been in force, and the GTA got slammed during the 3rd wave despite never having opened back up after the 2nd wave. They were literally closed for a full year. Maybe it's not the rules not being followed but that the rules don't work.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Wonder how the public service unions'll wear this one?
It'll be hilarious to watch them squirm. Complained for 18 months about how its not safe at work, well it'll be super safe when everyone's vaccinated right? No excuse to stay at home and log onto your DWAN laptop once a week while collecting a nice pay cheque.

I think they learned their lesson from the blowback American teacher’s unions suffered when they said they would fight mandatory vaccination.
There's a huge difference between the American teachers' unions and PSAC or PIPSC. The mentality is diametrically different for one thing. And as my bona fides in making this statement is that I sat on the management side of the table during contract negotiations with PIPSC. I have a pretty good idea of how they view things. Mind you, they might cave to Trudeau's mandate, but not without a fight behind closed doors with membership representatives.

There's a huge difference between the American teachers' unions and PSAC or PIPSC. The mentality is diametrically different for one thing. And as my bona fides in making this statement is that I sat on the management side of the table during contract negotiations with PIPSC. I have a pretty good idea of how they view things. Mind you, they might cave to Trudeau's mandate, but not without a fight behind closed doors with membership representatives.
Apparently PSAC os on board with this mandatory vaccination edict.

Back