• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

I don't have a problem with it either. The local PHU has a better understanding of the local geography, demography and available health care resources. I don't even want to local MPP involved.

They're still working within provincial guidelines.
This is great.

If it works.

Otherwise you have 34 separate points of failure.

And considering that almost every level of government has been god awful to date, adding yet another is a gamble.

So the method to vaccinate people in eight square blocks of Toronto should be the same as that to vaccinate a similar number of people in an area equivalent to Belgium and Holland combined???

What’s your next straw man of affront? 🙄
The amusing part here is you mention straw man while making a straw man.

Note that I never said the part in blue.

This is great.

If it works.

And considering that almost every level of government has been god awful to date, adding yet another is a gamble.

Most of the 34 Public Health Units in Ontario have barely made the news, outside of local news and outside of the GTA media bubble. The Kingston Frontenac HU (190,000 population) has, since the beginning, reported 715 cases and 1 death.

In terms of coming immunization centres, the local PHU will have much better success coordinating local doctors, community centres, etc. than a bunch of folks at QP who won't even know where Manitouwadge or Barry's Bay are.

The amusing part here is you mention straw man while making a straw man.

Note that I never said the part in blue.
Please point out my quotation marks? Oh right, there aren’t any. You need to get your paraphrasings and your straw men straight.

Your initial implication was that different plans for each of the region public health units wouldn’t end well...

Oh god, this will end well....

You completely ignore the fact that each of the regional PHUs are each best qualified and empowered to implement appropriate vaccination programs for their respective regions.

Perhaps a visit to the doctor to help the symptoms of your Ford Derangement Syndrome?

Perhaps a visit to the doctor to help the symptoms of your Ford Derangement Syndrome?
I was considering engaging in a mature discussion with you but after reading this tidbit, it's clear you are not interested in that.

But that's fine, I'll just ignore your posts from now on.

Goodbye.

No, you would just pretend to put some critical thought into your argumentation, but still retain the underlying theme of asymmetric worth of options.

¡Hasta la próxima!

This is great.

If it works.

Or, alternatively, one or two crap the bed and maybe the province needs to step in, while the remainder achieve the desired task more efficiently and effectively than would have been the case with overly centralized control on the nuts and bolts of shots in arms.

PHUs administer and deliver healthcare support and immunizations in their communities every day, and will be well networked locally, plus employing FB staff with greater local familiarity. The ‘point of care’ does not appear to be the source of any of the problems in the vaccine campaign. Get those nurses and doctors the vials, and they’ll get you the arms.

No, you would just pretend to put some critical thought into your argumentation, but still retain the underlying theme of asymmetric worth of options.

¡Hasta la próxima!
No next time.

You have shown you're not interested in having a mature adult discussion without throwing out things like ford derangement syndrome, so I have no desire to talk to you.

You insinuated that Ontario’s vaccination implementation program would be a complete mess because it was being delegated to the PHUs. You clearly have an issue with Ontario’s government and while you have shown yourself to have no issue with the Federal Government’s demonstrable poor procurement, you can’t help but take unfounded and preemptive shots at how Premier Ford is doing things in Ontario with complete lack of appreciation of the knowledge and competence of respective PHUs to execute the vaccination plan. Call it what you will, but you are the one reversing the accountability of performance, or lack thereof, between those who have demonstrated lagging performance and those who have not yet.

You insinuated that Ontario’s vaccination implementation program would be a complete mess because it was being delegated to the PHUs. You clearly have an issue with Ontario’s government and while you have shown yourself to have no issue with the Federal Government’s demonstrable poor procurement, you can’t help but take unfounded and preemptive shots at how Premier Ford is doing things in Ontario with complete lack of appreciation of the knowledge and competence of respective PHUs to execute the vaccination plan. Call it what you will, but you are the one reversing the accountability of performance, or lack thereof, between those who have demonstrated lagging performance and those who have not yet.

You have shown you're not interested in having a mature adult discussion without throwing out things like ford derangement syndrome, so I have no desire to talk to you.

Hi from Nova Scotia. Feel bad for my home land, Ont, but things arent so bad out here though ;)

Hoping for another Atlantic bubble this summer :)

Then don’t- but he just did exactly that. Announcing loudly that you’re ignoring him with a copied and pasted reply isn’t actually ignoring him; it’s performative obstinance. It certainly doesn’t render his points unfounded or inaccurate. You’ve shown considerable bias and, I think, chafe at being called on it.

Thanks to the USN all of us at Op FOUNDATION Bahrain and Op ARTEMIS/CTF 150 received our first Moderna shot today. Easy peasy and looking forward to the second shot on 24 March!
let us know if you start to grow a third arm....

(kidding, just kidding...)

Individual booking of appointments for the COVID vaccine started today in Alberta (at 0800hrs MT) for those age 75 and over. Those age 65 and up will join the queue in April.

This Calgary Herald piece provides some information about the roll-out.

Not trying to re-invigorate the minor squabble about the Ontario plan to pass the responsibility for setting up vaccine centres to public health units, but, one of the more important (in my opinion, anyway) elements to opening up vaccine availability is having a reliable appointment booking system. As I understand it, Ontario will have a centralized province-wide booking system beginning 15 March that hopefully will mesh seamlessly with the individual PHUs. The Alberta public health system is organized differently from Ontario's (and not necessarily better).

So how has Alberta fared on day one (hour one? minute one?) . . .

Alberta's vaccination booking system overwhelmed on 1st day that all seniors born in 1946 and older eligible​

Phone lines jammed and website crashes as all seniors become eligible to book vaccinations
CBC News · Posted: Feb 24, 2021 8:34 AM MT | Last Updated: 16 minutes ago

Alberta Health Services' phone lines are jammed and the government website has crashed on the first day that Albertans born in 1946 or earlier can book COVID-19 vaccinations.

An additional 230,000 seniors age 75 and older are now eligible for the vaccine, along with all those in Phase 1A who are still receiving theirs, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, the province's chief medical officer of health, said at a news conference on Tuesday.

Alberta Health Services said Wednesday morning that it is experiencing "very high volumes" and that if users are having trouble accessing the website, to try again soon.

Shortly after 9 a.m., AHS said on Twitter that 2,500 people have been booked for an appointment in the first hour.

Multiple people who called Health Link at 811 reported not being able to get through on the phone lines at all or being partially through the booking process only to be disconnected.

Others reported the same on the Alberta Health Services online booking tool, with the site either being down entirely or crashing as they were mid-way through booking an appointment.

Then don’t- but he just did exactly that. Announcing loudly that you’re ignoring him with a copied and pasted reply isn’t actually ignoring him; it’s performative obstinance. It certainly doesn’t render his points unfounded or inaccurate. You’ve shown considerable bias and, I think, chafe at being called on it.
Yeah, i'm sure he did. I didn't bother read his response.

And since I cannot use the ignore function on staff, I'll just leave that copy paste whenever he quotes me.

Individual booking of appointments for the COVID vaccine started today in Alberta (at 0800hrs MT) for those age 75 and over. Those age 65 and up will join the queue in April.

This Calgary Herald piece provides some information about the roll-out.

Not trying to re-invigorate the minor squabble about the Ontario plan to pass the responsibility for setting up vaccine centres to public health units, but, one of the more important (in my opinion, anyway) elements to opening up vaccine availability is having a reliable appointment booking system. As I understand it, Ontario will have a centralized province-wide booking system beginning 15 March that hopefully will mesh seamlessly with the individual PHUs. The Alberta public health system is organized differently from Ontario's (and not necessarily better).

So how has Alberta fared on day one (hour one? minute one?) . . .

Alberta's vaccination booking system overwhelmed on 1st day that all seniors born in 1946 and older eligible​

I'm sure everything in Ontario will be fine.

Yup, let local authorities handle local realities. They have the network of care providers and clinicians, they know their turf best. “Mission command”, as it were. The company commander says “we advance to contact that way”. The section commander tells Charlie team to take the trench.

Reminds me of when the brain trust in Winnipeg set up a vaccination centre in Thompson, hundreds of km to the North. Turns out it was miles from town by the airport with no public transit. Good job! 👍

Back