• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

This is too funny:

beauty and the beast GIF

If he can convince more people to get the shot with his platform then good on him.

Hopefully they get the message.

On his last day as director of the National Institutes of Health, Dr. Francis Collins had this to say,

VAC claimants be like: 'First time?' ;)

A new COVID benefit is now in effect, but no one can access it​

Critics say the Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit is too restrictive to be an effective financial support​

Ottawa pandemic funding draws ire as provinces initiate restrictions, not lockdowns​

Ottawa's new Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit is receiving criticism for failing to provide meaningful aid because it can only be accessed if workers are affected by COVID-19 lockdowns, not just pandemic restrictions. 1:46

The federal government has established a new COVID-19 support benefit, but it can't be accessed because no one in the country meets its eligibility criteria, prompting criticism of the support.

The Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit (CWLB) officially came into existence last Friday. Like its predecessors, such as the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) and the Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB), it's designed to provide temporary income support during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Unlike those programs, it's only available to workers who cannot work due to a local lockdown designation, but no region is officially under lockdown.

"The CWLB is only available when a COVID-19 lockdown order is designated for your region. Your region may be designated if the lockdown lasts for 14 days or more," a government web page explaining the program said.

Under a heading titled "When you can apply," the page said applications will only open "if a COVID-19 lockdown region is designated."

Meanwhile, in at least some divorce courts ...
In a pandemic, conflict about vaccinating children can be “significantly polarizing,” according to a judge of the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta.

That is especially true when the opposing parties are parents with shared custody asking a court to break their deadlock.

The Alberta judge’s mid-December decision to let a mother vaccinate her two children without the consent of their anti-vaccine father illustrates what has become the usual judicial response.

One parent wants to vaccinate their child in a pandemic. The other denies the pandemic even exists. One parent follows provincial public health advice. The other claims pandemic information from the government is propaganda, and demands to put the pandemic on trial.

It is becoming a common conflict, in which Canadian judges have recently come down just as hard on vaccine denialists as they regularly do on other conspiracy theorists who present misinformation to courts, such as Freemen on the Land. A string of recent rulings favour public health advice against pseudolegal challenges that sometimes even cite Nazi atrocities of human experimentation to a degree that one Saskatchewan judge called “offensive.” ...

If he can convince more people to get the shot with his platform then good on him.

Well said. Credit where credit is due.

He has been trying since at least March.

“I would recommend it,” Trump said during an interview on Fox News with Maria Bartiromo. “And I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly. But again, we have our freedoms and we have to live by that and I agree with that also. But it is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works.”

I wouldn’t put it past him or his advisors to crunch the numbers and realize that he is actually losing tens of thousands of future supporters in 2024 due to their death by Covid…..
Of course. But if it gets more people vaccinated then who cares what the reason is.

Man. The UCP’s amateur hour hypocrisy and ineptitude is like some sort of TV sitcom gag that should have stopped being funny a season or two ago, yet they manage to somehow keep it being hilarious. They’re the political version of Family Guy’s giant chicken fights…

Alberta does at least have a higher rate of people with a third dose than Ontario...

Politely somewhat disagreed with seems more apt than pushed back but Trudeau and team still bring up some good points.

Trudeau, Freeland push back at Biden on COVID-19 holiday gatherings​

OTTAWA — The Trudeau government pushed backed Wednesday at U.S. President Joe Biden's televised message to vaccinated Americans that they can gather safely for the holidays despite the spread of the Omicron variant.

And this, what's going on with the LPC?

Liberal MP censured for defying advice on non-essential travel​

Chief government whip Steven MacKinnon says he is profoundly disappointed that Liberal MP Yves Robillard travelled outside Canada.
The whip says Liberal MPs were told to avoid non-essential international travel as the COVID-19 Omicron variant increases its grip.

I wonder if they did this just to Troll O'Tooles communication team. Good job either way.

Alberta does at least have a higher rate of people with a third dose than Ontario...
I think our problem now is throughput. The clinic I was at two days ago was running flat out doing both adult boosters with pediatric first doses but they're booked a few months in advance. They also offer shots through selected pharmacies but they too are heavily booked up.

We need more vaccination points including drive-by ones. Rick should have set up a system better able to scale up. (Fighting with myself about whether I should comment about that's where the Army ended up too - damn!!!)

🍻

The Ontario government seems unable to learn, unable to coordinate, unable to plan... they react.

Then again, they let Rick bring his favourite war criminal on board as paid help without batting an eyelash.

Back