• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CBSA LOOKING FOR "ACTORS" TO HELP TRAIN RECRUITS

Haggis

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
No mention in this article of what someone would get paid to be "that guy" at the border, but it would be through a contractor. The actors also need to have firearms skills and be willing to shoot at recruits and be shot by Simumition during the training. as well, which is not mentioned in the article.

More from the public bid web site ...
... OBJECTIVE

The objective is provide professional stunt-actors to play the role of subjects in CBSA training facility scenarios in Rigaud, Quebec. The professional stunt-actors are to participate in use of force scenarios involving Border Services Officers (BSOs) and recruits.

SCOPE

CBSA offers a training program for new border services officers at the main campus in Rigaud, Quebec. In order to assess the use of force component of their work, CBSA will require the services of 1 to 9 stunt-actors per day to take part in scenarios ...
More in attached bid document.

Attachments

• cbsa-actors-1000345705_-_rfp_eng.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Haggis said:
No mention in this article of what someone would get paid to be "that guy" at the border, but it would be through a contractor. The actors also need to have firearms skills and be willing to shoot at recruits and be shot by Simumition during the training. as well, which is not mentioned in the article.

I could see where CBSA might want to downplay the "getting shot by Simunition" part of the contract...

My IPSC instructor did/does a fair bit of this with the local authorities out here in the Fraser Valley. However the repeated takedowns can get quite painful. 

Can I nominate returned ISIS "irregular travelers" or WETF Trudy is calling them this week? ;D

Back