• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CBRN Operator//CJIRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
CBRN operator is a new trade opening up.  Will this be separate from CJIRU?  Such as someone can be a CBRN operator by trade but not necessarily a part of CJIRU  (Like someone can be Infantry but not CSOR) or will CJIRU and the CBRN trade be amalgamated.

Grimaldus said:
CBRN operator is a new trade opening up. 

It has been open as a separate MOS for some time now. Everything i have read indicates that CBRN Op billets are with CJIRU.

Is this a trade you remuster into? Or is it a secondary duty, sort of like the Int Interrogation email I seen floating around, 2 year posting out of trade then back to your old job?

Hurricane said:
Is this a trade you remuster into? Or is it a secondary duty, sort of like the Int Interrogation email I seen floating around, 2 year posting out of trade then back to your old job?

It is a seperate MOS....you remuster into it.

Don't forget there's that little thing called selection you must attend.

Is there a minimum time in requirement to remuster into this trade some others?

punkd said:
Don't forget there's that little thing called selection you must attend.

Are you sure?

There is selection for CJIRU but is CBRN Op a Cansofcom position or is it a trade.
ie:
Infantry >> CSOR
CBRN Operator >> CJIRU

C.G.R. The CJIRU recruiter I was emailing told me that reservists can apply anytime. Reg force members must wait for their initial 3 year engagement before they can apply.  That was a little weird though since a friend of mine did selection after his first year in the reg force.

Now is waiting for the first engagement required because the trade has just opened this year and they'd already be in a trade? I wonder if a reservist could CT directly into it in reg force.

Grimaldus said:
or is it a trade.

One more time: CBRN OP is a trade. Not a temporary out-of-trade employment.

CBRN OPs are employed at CJIRU.

Just read this
The CBRN operator occupation is currently open only to serving members of the CF through the occupational transfer process. Filling the vacancies in this new trade will be a phased process, with the initial priority for occupational transfer going to those CBRN operators who are currently serving with the unit, or those who have served with CJIRU within the past two years and hold current qualifications in at least one of the following four CBRN operator specialties:

SIBCRA (sampling and identification of biological, chemical, radiological agents);
Decontamination;
Surveillance operator, and;
Command centre operator.
These changes affect only the CBRN operator billets. The opportunity for CF personnel to fill support positions at CJIRU such as medical technician, signal operator or electronic-optronic technician remains unchanged.

The deadline for applications is February 19; the first billets will be filled in March and April.

CJIRU conducts an annual selection process; CF personnel who have not yet completed CBRN training will have the opportunity to complete an occupational transfer at a later time.

Grimaldus said:
There is selection for CJIRU but is CBRN Op a Cansofcom position or is it a trade.
CBRN Op is a trade, and most NCM positions in CJIRU are hard CBRN Op positions.  Selection gets you into the unit and into the MOS.

Grimaldus said:
Are you sure?

ie:
Infantry >> CSOR
CBRN Operator >> CJIRU

There isn't a selection for CJIRU. There is a selection to become a CBRN Operator,
Which is a trade that you can only be in if you pass their selection and training course.
If you are a CBRN operator you will be employed within CANSOFCOM (CJIRU).

FYI.. Infantry does not equal CSOR.

Any trade can apply as a special operator then if your application is approved you attend selection.
If you pass that then you go on to attend the Special Forces Course. After all that is done you
can hold an SF operator position within CSOR.

Awesome. Thanks I'll pass this on. A few guys were interested in it.

So would the selection be as challenging for a CBRN op as it would be for CSOR etc?

C.G.R said:
So would the selection be as challenging for a CBRN op as it would be for CSOR etc?

I get that everyone is really curious about SOF units, but do you think that you're really going to get an answer about selection?? Get a hold of the recruiters and ask them.

I had assumed that the initial fitness test would be released as it is for other units such as JTF2, SAR tech etc

InterNet CFJIRU Site Link

Agree 100% with SignalsGuy's comment.  What is avail on their Internet site is all that you should expect to see in the public domain.  Makes sense, right?

I am stating the obvious BUT for the best info, why not contact them after reading the info on their website if you want more specific info? They are providing a contact email address, even on the Internet site.

In the event you are....too much of a Nancy to contact them, their InterNet site has some info on selection.  "The Ideal Candidate" and "Recruitment and Selection" has info for Officer and NCM, Reg and Res.

If you have a DWAN account, you can go to their *.mil.ca/IntraNet* site as well.

IMO they really have made this too easy for those interested.  Along with the email address their site also says:

Questions:
Questions regarding CJIRU - CBRN screening and selection should be directed to the CJIRU- CBRN Recruiting and Selection cell using the toll free number 1-866-345-7995.

I plan on calling them, I am just curious as to why other SOF units have the specific details of the fitness test where as they dont.

for example jtf2
Special Operations Assaulter (SOA)
■1.5 mile run - 9 min 45 sec or less
■Push ups (no rest stops) - min 40
■Sit-ups (1 minute) - min 40
■Over hand, straight arm pull-ups - min 5
■Bench press from chest to full arm extension - 1 press min 65 KG
■CF Swim Test

What is avail on their Internet site is all that you should expect to see in the public domain.  Makes sense, right?

Does the fitness test for a CBRN op need to be kept more secretive then JTF2's?

Who knows, why concern yourself with that?  Doesn't change it.  Call them.  You know, that "focus on the steak, not the peas" thing.

If you folks are looking for the Information Session Schedule, they have it posted on their IntraNet site.  Its not avail on the InterNet one, I'll assume that is on purpose so don't ask me to put it on here.  Lets assume that is on purpose and...well who cares why.  I will say that there are ones upcoming and some of them are in the very near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back