• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Career Manager

PteCamp

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I know on the DIN there is a career manager website, for a list of all postings. I was just wondering if there was anything like that on the web, I don't have access to the DIN at work.
Thanks for the help.

-KaT

I think the site you are refering to is the one that lists all the upcoming positions that are available during the APS.

If that is the case, it is only available through the DIN.

Navalsnpr, yeah that is the one I'm looking for.
Oh well, I'll have to take sometime at work to try to get on.
Thanks for the help.

KaT

If you have access to the DIN, then you have an email account.  Don't tell us you are using someone else's logon........... :eek:

uh...um....lol
I don't have access to DIN...nor an e-mail account...
I'm hopefully going to get my MCpl from work to print stuff off for me..
I would never you someone elses account....... >:D

-KaT

Actually there are personnel with DIN access and no email accounts.

During one of my last postings as an IT manager, a CO of a training establishment requested that his students have access to the DIN for research and only the class leader was able to have an email account.

We created the accounts as per normal and then hid everyones email account from the Address Book.

This obviously was a rare request.

Thanks for all the help.
I'm going to ask around tomorrow, see if I can get some help from the unit.
I'm really just looking into some taskings I can take in a few months once school is done.
Thanks again.

-KaT

Out of curiosity... how many CF pers have access to the DIN?  is it a fairly restricted tool, or does pretty much everyone above a certain rank have an account/access?

I think you can get a DIN account if you ask for one, or if your on a class B contract, I think thats how it works anyways..
I'm going to ask at work today and find out...

-KaT

It is becoming a strong recommendation that all Regular Force personnel get a DIN account.  On many Bases and in many Units all info is passed over the DIN via email.  In Petawawa all Base and Bde Routine orders are either by email or posted on the Base Website.  Within the Unit, many 'O' Gps are passed to their 'troops' via email.  Soon all QR&Os and CFAOs in their new incarnations will be digital on the DIN and no longer sitting in an ROR without updates.  Clothe the Soldier is now online.  SOOOOO once you are Regular Force and posted to a Unit, get an account......then you can email all your buddies............but lay off the jokes as it is heavily monitored..... ;D

GW

Oh!    I forgot........I imagine that within five years all CF personnel will be issued Palm Pilots with their first set of CADPATs.    ;D

GW

George Wallace said:
but lay off the jokes as it is heavily monitored..... ;D

I can attest to that. In one of my previous jobs, I had the lovely task of searching for MP3's, WAV files and joke folders. We actually removed one folder from a person that amounted to 500Mb of space on the Network.

Remember, Big Brother is always watching..... even here!

500Mb is nothing... I deleted someones account with over 12Gb's of crap in their network folder.

Ouch... and were they charged afterwards for violating the "Statement of Compliance" that all users must sign prior to getting an account?

Back