• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cap Badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupe988

Inactive
Reaction score
I have OT'ed to AVN and I am waiting to go to Borden for training.  I just got my blue Beret.  I was wondering if as an untrained AVN tech if I get the normal Air Force cap badge sewn on?

I OTd from armored to MSE OP and was told to wear a green beret with a LOG cap-badge  on the date of my OT, even if I was staying at the armored school for an extra month, doing a crewman's job

Once you get there and belong to CFSATE or where ever you hard airforce type train in Borden, they will have you put on the blue beret with the cloth airforce badge.  You won't wait for your course on PRETC you will wait belonging to your school thats taking you, and they have all their student and future students put on the cloth badge.  Why that is I don't know.  Maybe for easy recognition, maybe its a FOD thing, doesn't really matter.

take care!
Kyle

To answer your question cupe988,
I OT'd to ACS TECH and I too am waiting to go to borden, I will spend time on BTL until my posting message comes in to go to borden, CFSATE school. I now where a blue beret with the airforce cap badge.  You should have your effective date for environment change and DEU change to AIR.. As of that date you are officially airforce and entitled to where the blue beret. 

When is your affective date of DEU/environment change?

How about,

The day you get there, they will tell you.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back