• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cansofcom reading and studying

j-f

Inactive
Reaction score
Good morning

I will go through the process of selection for assaulter this year (csor or jtf2) i have been working out like hell .
I spend most of my down time between work and working out, reading . I have read some book from dick couch about the navy seal and green beret selection just to see what it feels like . I know its US SF but its still about mental toughness and not quitting . Im looking for other reading material that would prepare me for the selection or course or even just good books  . Im not infantry im air force so i dont have those reading material about CQC or patrol or even recce . I speak english and french but im in the proccess of learning another language too.

I just dont like wasting my time watching tv , i would prefer good readin materiel or even course that are offered on internet . Thanks

You certainly have a good attitude.

I have a copy of "Get Selected! for Special Forces: How to Successfully Train for and Complete Special Forces Assessment & Selection" by Joseph J. Martin (it's available on amazon) and I found it had some great tips for PT and mental/ physical toughening. However I was not using it to prepare for CANSOFCOM selection so your mileage may vary.

Thanks Loch sloy. I will look into that book.

I already went to psp and got a copy og the new fitness manual . It has a lot to do with working out and injury prevention. Not much about mental and psychological stuff.but that manual is great for working out and get ready for selection.

j-f said:
Thanks Loch sloy. I will look into that book.

I already went to psp and got a copy og the new fitness manual . It has a lot to do with working out and injury prevention. Not much about mental and psychological stuff.but that manual is great for working out and get ready for selection.

Nobody is going to tell you how to mentally prepare for something because everyone is different.

Will the training be hard ... check
Will I be exhausted doing it ... check
Will I be pushed to my physical and mental limit ... check

You'll just have to try out and then you'll find out for yourself.  Half the mental aspect is not having a clue about what's going to happen to you.

This book is about a member from the early days of the JTF2. It is in French though. Might be of intrest to you.

http://www.archambault.ca/nous-etions-invincibles-ACH002094041-fr-pr

Go in there and be you. Don't worry about being Air Force, its open to all trades for a reason. There's a reason selection is not out in the open, they don't want people to be able to study for the test. As Mr. Bogart said, givens are tired, hungry, stressed. If you can thrive in that environment, along with the chaos of not knowing whats going on next, you very well might be successful.

Good luck! If you make it all the way to the end and don't get picked up, remember you're the 0.01% of the CAF that had the guts to volunteer and survived to the end. I've had a few friends who did not succeed, but took it with a glass half-full and worked even harder to improve.

Teager said:
This book is about a member from the early days of the JTF2. It is in French though. Might be of intrest to you.

That book is written by a convicted sex offender and pedophile. It's a fabrication.

Teager said:

For a review,

Ex-commando arrested before JTF2 memoir release 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/73799.0/nowap.html

PuckChaser said:
Go in there and be you. Don't worry about being Air Force, its open to all trades for a reason. There's a reason selection is not out in the open, they don't want people to be able to study for the test. As Mr. Bogart said, givens are tired, hungry, stressed. If you can thrive in that environment, along with the chaos of not knowing whats going on next, you very well might be successful.

Good luck! If you make it all the way to the end and don't get picked up, remember you're the 0.01% of the CAF that had the guts to volunteer and survived to the end. I've had a few friends who did not succeed, but took it with a glass half-full and worked even harder to improve.

Most don't even go as far as volunteer.  Puckchaser has it right, go in and give it 100% you'll either cut the mustard or not but at least you attempted.

Thanks for all the advice , i will just continu what im doing and get better everyday .

Back