• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANSEC 2009, Wed & Thu in Ottawa

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
This coming Wednesday and Thursday (27-28 May 2009), the CANSEC 2009 show will be held at Lansdowne Park in Ottawa. CANSEC is an industry recognized defence and security show, focused on showcasing the companies and technologies available to the CF. The official show description summarizes the focus of the show as follows:

• A two-day event, CANSEC features product presentations and capability displays by Canada's leading edge defence and security companies. This showcase targets a wide audience of customers that includes Government agencies and departments with an interest in security, public safety, risk mitigation, threat response and emergency planning. Attendance at CANSEC is restricted to CADSI members and government personnel only.

This will be the first year for CANSEC at Lansdowne, and with 240 exhibitors and an additional 16 outdoor exhibitors, it should be a packed show. Some of our regulars are likely to be in attendance, representing the companies they work for, or scouting out innovation.

In addition to the commercially focused exhibits, keynote speakers include Peter MacKay and Tony Clement, representing Defence and Industry respectively, who will speak during one of the several networking receptions included in the two day schedule.

Milnet.ca will be sending a representative to the show to seek out anything that may be of interest to our membership, so look for a follow-up later in the week.

For more information, or to register for CANSEC, see their website at https://www.defenceandsecurity.ca.

NOTE: As mentioned above, CANSEC is only open to registered CADSI members and to government employees – this includes all Canadian military and security agencies - so make sure you’re able to attend before making plans.

Mike I see the cost for attending the breakfats, lunch and supper's but no cost for attending the event itself as in addmission cost to the venue.

Am I missing a link somewhere?

Unless something has changed from last year, if you are Gov/Mil/LEO/emerg resp. attendance is free, in fact, unless you are a member from those groups, you cannot get in period.

I didn't bother with a booth this year but I will be walking around the show.

Will be at the Aimpoint booth for a bit though.

The show was pretty decent but as usual, very air force and navy-centric, lots of major corporations trying to sell us new boats, etc...  and I was disappointed that CPgear didn't show up this year. Having said that, there were some good exhibits and I got some free goodies, as well as some education on new military technologies.

CS51 said:
The show was pretty decent but as usual, very air force and navy-centric, lots of major corporations trying to sell us new boats, etc...  and I was disappointed that CPgear didn't show up this year. Having said that, there were some good exhibits and I got some free goodies, as well as some education on new military technologies.

Thanks for the feedback.  We exhibited at CANSEC last year and whilst we did have a few loyal customers stop by the booth to say hi, this year, with CANSEC being pushed back into May, the timeframe was just too tight for us to manage; I've been on the road for the last 3 weeks in terms of being down in Washington DC for a APBI individual equipment conference for the US Army, Marine Corps, and SOCOM, then off to the Infantry Conference in Montreal last week, then next week down to Tampa FL for the SOFIC show.

Hopefully we'll be up at CFSAC this fall, so if there's anybody in Ottawa that missed us at CANSEC, they'll have a chance to catch up with us at that event.

Cheers,

Matt

CS51 said:

I disagree.  I didn't have a chance to see all of the exhibits but I would say that there was a good representation for all "Elements" to find relevant and innovative products, software, hardware, and ideas.  I checked out a few of the Small Arms exhibitors, and was impressed what they had.  I checked out some of the AFV (although few) exhibits and was impressed. 

Sorry Big Red, but I was the silent one.  My partner in crime is the Gun Nut and loves your sights.

Back