• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANLANDGEN 011, 13KM RUCK MARCH TRUMPS THE EXPRESS TEST FOR LAND FORCES

George Wallace said:
Yes.  Most strive for 2 hr. 10 min.  I believe the required time limit is 2 hr 20 min.

2 hours, 26 minutes, 20 seconds.  (Army Fitness Manual, Page 3)

mysteriousmind said:
They are training with ruck sack march every wensday evening... is it un official training or does it count? it does not matter they are doing it.

That's the CO's call.  Good on them, though!

well...since ill be....eventualy, perharps, sometime...in a near future be affected to this particulay company so ill be gladly doing it. :)

Intr's on the implementation for Cl A is set to be out this coming Monday.  I haven't had a chance to look at the new form but, if it is good to go, appears the bases are covered. 

Only problem left is...to implement it.  Seems to only really be an issue for the Reserve CO's, the Class A factors.

*editted for VD.

Enough of the speculation and childish, smug hand wringing. Let's see what comes out for direction. Then get on with it. The gates been closed. We don't want the same to happen to the thread. Keep it to official info only.

Crikey, a trench dig! I guess it depends are where you are in Canada, and what time of the year?? Ha!

Ok really now, whats the trench dig standard?

With e-tool, or standard spade, say from a truck pioneer kit?

Wes

Wesley (Over There) said:
Crikey, a trench dig! I guess it depends are where you are in Canada, and what time of the year?? Ha!

Ok really now, whats the trench dig standard?

With e-tool, or standard spade, say from a truck pioneer kit?

Army Fitness Manual (pg 3) Using a standard shovel (we use a round nose) move .486 cubic metres of pea gravel (1 cm in diametre) from one trench box to another.  Helmet ONLY is worn for this task. 

Timing for Trench dig in less than six minutes using whatever "method" is best for you.

PoPo

PoPo said:
Army Fitness Manual (pg 3) Using a standard shovel (we use a round nose) move .486 cubic metres of pea gravel (1 cm in diametre) from one trench box to another.  Helmet ONLY is worn for this task. 

Timing for Trench dig in less than six minutes using whatever "method" is best for you.

PoPo

Hmmm, we've always had to wear our helmets and TVs for this.

Forgive me if I sound like an FNG, but when they mention weightload is it the standard 50 lbs that one does on the IAP or BMQ 13 k? Or is it different?

JesseWZ said:
Forgive me if I sound like an FNG, but when they mention weightload is it the standard 50 lbs that one does on the IAP or BMQ 13 k? Or is it different?

Weightload March is 13 km in full fighting order with fieldpack (rucksack).  Weight is 24.5 kg TOTAL kit (helmet, webbing (Tac Vest), Weapon and Rucksack). 

by all means - correct me if I am wrong (math not being one of my strong points) 1kg = 2.2lbs therefore complete kit is expected to weigh 53.9lbs

PoPo

every time I manned the scale, it had to read 50Lbs.
The rifle, helmet & webbing were out of my control :)

what no 1.5 miler ...11 minutes or less or your in deep
no 2x10  forced march 2:15 the first day 2:35 the next
regards personel pt the person performs on his own time
regards forced march ,,,full ruck mil kit,,,and extras  included ..water bottle i carried 4,,
anyway just curious as to qualifications pertaining to todays regs and rules
battle pt ,,,anyone heard of it and know if its still done todaylll
                                                    allways remember today for what it is
                                                    and tomorrow for what its gonna be
                                                  just my thoughts for today
                                                                  best regards,,
                                                                          scoty

geo said:
every time I manned the scale, it had to read 50Lbs.
The rifle, helmet & webbing were out of my control :)

That sounds familiar......

"b-b-but Sergeant Major - I have a C6!"

"...and I have an ulcer and an ex wife - NEXT!"  ;D

Gents,

One more time. Let's try keep this thread to official releases and pertinent answers to technical questions regarding the same. There's no need to clutter it up with personal bias/ comments/ snickers/ whatever. Further comment that does nothing to add to the thread will be deleted. Failure to heed THAT warning may be dealt with in a more stringent manner

I'm currently starting BMQ on the weekends right now in the Reserves. When will I be required to do this test? At the end of BMQ, SQ or BIQ? If its at the end of BMQ (which I believe is about 20 days so we should be done in March or so, no?) will it be the 13km rucksack march plus the other tasks or simply the rucksack march (i.e. what do they mean it will be "implemented" on april 1st, do they mean after april 1st all tests will require it?)

For you, it starts on Apr 1st. No worries. They'll find you when it's time to get 'er done!!  ;D

While you are undergoing training, BQ, SQ & DP1 Trade training, they will integrate the 13Km ruckmarch - so you should be good to go for your 1st year.  They'll let you know what the standards are for the next go round.

geo said:
While you are undergoing training, BQ, SQ & DP1 Trade training, they will integrate the 13Km ruckmarch - so you should be good to go for your 1st year.  They'll let you know what the standards are for the next go round.

Curious, do they not do the Fireman's Carry anymore during recruit training??

PoPo

Back