• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

As of March 17, 2014, the PIL Team has received over 45,500 files to be audited. Audits have been completed on 37,671 files or 82.6% comprised of both Regular Force and Reserve Force.

Files are being audited based on the date the file has been received by the PIL Team in Ottawa, not the date the member submits the application to the support unit. Currently the team is auditing files received on 26 April 2013.

For the members who belong to bases that mass submitted at the very end, these updates are amazing. With only 8 thousand file left the team must be getting excited.

AirDet said:
For the members who belong to bases that mass submitted at the very end, these updates are amazing. With only 8 thousand file left the team must be getting excited.

As one of the 8000, they are not half as excited as I'm getting.  lol

Just because they complete your audit, doesn't mean you'll be seeing anything soon ;)

I also wouldn't be looking at their posting saying they are up to April now. Mine went in last July and it's been done twice. The last time, it was completed on 31 Jan 2014.

They told me not to expect payment until sometime after Sept 2014. Left bracket but no right  :alone:

AirDet said:
For the members who belong to bases that mass submitted at the very end,

Given the direction provided and the writing on the wall, I just can't believe that anyone did that.

You must be.............    :facepalm:

DAA said:
Given the direction provided and the writing on the wall, I just can't believe that anyone did that.

What can I say; Trenton has a different way of doing things. I've been here 3 years, 11 months, and 22 days and I still haven't gotten used to their ways.

DAA said:

I can - my support unit was doing absolutely nothing until I mentioned it to them and from checking around there are several reserve units that did the bulk send too.  Mine came in taxed at approx 30% with a minor error of 12 days time credit missing (for some reason they have a lwop that they created out of nothing).  In the big scheme I decided I was lucky and it wasn't worth the effort to fix such a small point. Besides I am curious to see if the release audit down the road will pick it up.

We now know that 8Wing submitted their people's PiL documentation between 20 April and June. I can't imagine how peeved those that submitted on day one must feel. That means that at least half of the 8000 remaining files to process are from Trenton. :brickwall:

For an air force base I would have expected better for our people. :deadhorse:

AirDet said:
We now know that 8Wing submitted their people's PiL documentation between 20 April and June. I can't imagine how peeved those that submitted on day one must feel. That means that at least half of the 8000 remaining files to process are from Trenton. :brickwall:

For an air force base I would have expected better for our people. :deadhorse:

And it wasn't like it was rocket science here.  The briefings, emails and updates that were sent around, were pretty specific, especially when they emphasized the point "Submissions will be processed in the order they are received."

Shoot, even I can figure out just what that means.      :facepalm:

As of March 31, 2014, the PIL Team has received over 45,500 files to be audited. Audits have been completed on 40,065 files or 87.8% comprised of both Regular Force and Reserve Force.

Files are being audited based on the date the file has been received by the PIL Team in Ottawa, not the date the member submits the application to the support unit. Currently the team is auditing files received on 7 May 2013. The majority of the files that were received prior to this date have been audited and returned for payment. Those requiring additional information from either units and/or archives are put on hold until the

Just received notice today that my PIL is ready to be paid out. I submitted in St-Jean on the last day possible and asked for 100% payout.  I have a reserve-regular-reserve-regular service record, so was fairly complicated but provided all material requested to confirm continuous service. I had done an ATI pull of my former service documents held in the National Archives a few years ago for another matter, so was able to act as if prepared.

Only issue: PIL printout identified almost 3 years of denied eligible service because of time with the Canadian Rangers. Except I never served with the Canadian Rangers. I did however serve with the Queen's York Rangers in Toronto and can only assume at this stage, someone has confused the two.

Waiting to find out if rectifying this error is going to significantly delay my payout.

Too bad it has taken this long. Still waiting. Only a few from my regiment have received payout. Sometimes I admire the way private businesses function better and more efficiently than government.

SpyGuy999 said:
Only issue: PIL printout identified almost 3 years of denied eligible service because of time with the Canadian Rangers. Except I never served with the Canadian Rangers. I did however serve with the Queen's York Rangers in Toronto and can only assume at this stage, someone has confused the two.

Waiting to find out if rectifying this error is going to significantly delay my payout.

Not impressed.  I received a letter from them that they had amended my payout to four years, which is more than I expected.  I do believe they are making a great deal of errors, as the letter and envelope both had my initials wrong.  I tried calling their number to verify that they had the correct person in dealing with me and not have mistaken me with someone else, but all their voice mail boxes are full.  Then last night, I was informed that there are some serious issues within the PIL team, and several members of the team have left.  Not encouraging news on any of level as to their doing a thorough job.  Some day, perhaps, my cheque will be in the mail...........I have had a long military career, so I know what this all means.  :(

I contacted the PIL folks this week and was told that they were just wrapping up files from December 2012. With my release date being Feb 2013 I'm not anticipating any payout before the summer.

George Wallace said:
Not impressed.  I received a letter from them that they had amended my payout to four years, which is more than I expected.  I do believe they are making a great deal of errors, as the letter and envelope both had my initials wrong.  I tried calling their number to verify that they had the correct person in dealing with me and not have mistaken me with someone else, but all their voice mail boxes are full.  Then last night, I was informed that there are some serious issues within the PIL team, and several members of the team have left.  Not encouraging news on any of level as to their doing a thorough job.  Some day, perhaps, my cheque will be in the mail...........I have had a long military career, so I know what this all means.  :(

I was just talking to my CO today and he was shocked that two of us are still waiting since everyone else he knew of had gotten theirs already.  Mind you, to be fair to him, we are a distributed Unit across the country and he was visiting for the week so it's not like he has sight of individual matters.  Since he's situated within the Borg he was able to confirm that there are a lot of grown ups who are not impressed with the way things have gone with the payouts but at the same time it's not like any lessons learned will be of use since I can't see a similar exercise taking place in the future.  Oh well, when it finely comes in I'll either have the executor of my estate distribute it to my kids or, if I haven't died of old age by the time I get it, I'll treat my wife and I to a nice trip. 

dapaterson said:
Given the tax rates,

I'm assuming you mean to Timmies.

I'm not overly concerned.  I've maxed out at the 30 year top payment level so I WILL send her out to Timmies but only while I search online for a nice cruise or something.  lol

Has anyone in Kingston recieved their PIL yet? I submitted mine in Dec, it made it to Ottawa in Feb due to mass submission. I tried to contact the PIL team but just keep getting the canned response.

Spoke to the OR in Trenton on Thursday, they told me they had about four thousand files back from the PIL team, and that they were about halfway through inputting them into the pay system here. My husband is getting his Mid-April, mine's still nowhere to be seen. Mine was simple, under 10 G's, so my fingers are still crossed.

stokerwes said:
Has anyone in Kingston recieved their PIL yet? I submitted mine in Dec, it made it to Ottawa in Feb due to mass submission. I tried to contact the PIL team but just keep getting the canned response.

Got mine in January.

Back