• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

Chtulhu said:
Ik now that PIL teams received my file, I send an email to the teams, but never in the whole process I have received something from them with any info from my case. My guess is that their is no standard in that process.

I wish, and im sure im not alone, to know how exactly does it work. I mean the whole process, how are they doing a file...

Anybody here that as received their payout can tell me/us how the process when for them, step by step :)

Im asking that cause i have been reading a lots of things here, people receiving email from the teams, people who dont and money just show up on their accounts, amounts show up on EMAA and people who dont :).

For my part the only thing i know for sure is that the teams got my files, i dont know when they got it because on reply to my mail i got from them the team leader told me that they cant tell me that informations....

Chtulhu

Do you think that you are somehow special?  Your sending emails to the PIL team to query your personal situation is only adding to their workload and deflecting them from that work.  Read what is posted here and find the answers to the questions you just posed, and rest assured that when they finally do get to your file, you will get your money.  Until such time, do not make any plans to spend money that you do not have in your pocket.

George Wallace said:
Chtulhu

Do you think that you are somehow special?  Your sending emails to the PIL team to query your personal situation is only adding to their workload and deflecting them from that work.  Read what is posted here and find the answers to the questions you just posed, and rest assured that when they finally do get to your file, you will get your money.  Until such time, do not make any plans to spend money that you do not have in your pocket.

My bad. I was under the impressions that forum where a place to give and finds informations about differents matters. Be assure "My Lord" that asking a questions that myself and 99% of peoples that are wandering about it will never happen again, and that if i have informations on that subject i will keep them to myself...

Chtulhu said:
My bad. I was under the impressions that forum where a place to give and finds informations about differents matters. Be assure "My Lord" that asking a questions that myself and 99% of peoples that are wandering about it will never happen again, and that if i have informations on that subject i will keep them to myself...

::)

What part of:
George Wallace said:
Chtulhu

.........  Read what is posted here and find the answers to the questions you just posed, and rest assured that when they finally do get to your file, you will get your money.  ........

did you not understand?

...Like i said and write on my other messages, I HAVE read the forum and find alot of differents informations on how the process when for peoples that have received payouts.

My goal was just to try to make the process clear for peoples that are still wandering about that issues.

But thanks for the help and nevermind, i have found the informations needed from 4 differents OR here on base and they all told me the same, so the process is now clear as water....

Again thank you for youre help on that matters......

Chtulhu said:
...Like i said and write on my other messages, I HAVE read the forum and find alot of differents informations on how the process when for peoples that have received payouts.

My goal was just to try to make the process clear for peoples that are still wandering about that issues.

You do realize that each and everyone posting has a different set of circumstances and therefore will not have the same answers reference the PIL.  THERE IS NO ONE ANSWER FITS ALL.  You, yourself, took FIVE (5) visits to FIVE (5) DIFFERENT  ORDERLY ROOMS to get an answer that made you happy.  Hopefully it was a correct one.  Not everyone joined on the same day as you, and are making a career exactly the same as you.  Everyone will be different, and will have different issues.

This thread is a GUIDE as to what may possibly lead you to YOUR particular answers. 

Chtulhu said:

But thanks for the help and nevermind, i have found the informations needed from 4 differents OR here on base and they all told me the same, so the process is now clear as water....

Again thank you for youre help on that matters......

1. English please.

2. I have the top-secret never-before-seen answer to your question on what the process is for PIL payments. For ease of learning, this process is broken down into three squads:

Squad one: on squad one, your Orderly Room gathered paperwork into neat and organized files and sent said files to Ottawa.

Squad two: on squad two, the Ottawa PIL team received said files, performed a file audit, and sent the results of said audit for payment.

Squad three: on squad three, the Payments Processing Office received said audit results from the Ottawa PIL team and paid out monies in accordance with said file audit.

Are there any questions with this process?

Ottawabound said:
1. English please.

2. I have the top-secret never-before-seen answer to your question on what the process is for PIL payments. For ease of learning, this process is broken down into three squads:

Squad one: on squad one, your Orderly Room gathered paperwork into neat and organized files and sent said files to Ottawa.

Squad two: on squad two, the Ottawa PIL team received said files, performed a file audit, and sent the results of said audit for payment.

Squad three: on squad three, the Payments Processing Office received said audit results from the Ottawa PIL team and paid out monies in accordance with said file audit.

English ??

1- I im French, and doing my best to write in both language, because i want to.
2- Everything you just said was clear to everyone, not saying that your thread was useless.....
3- Maybe you should have read the whole thread instead of just the last couple of pages.

Again my thread was about trying to make it clear for everyone still wandering about it.

Some peoples are saying that before they get their moneys they received an email from the PIL teams saying that their files was complete and the amount will be deposit on the mid-month pay.

Other people are saying that the money just show up on their account without any noticed.

Again, feeling like chasing my tail here, i was trying to see if there is a pattern on how its done.

And like i said on earlier thread, i have found my answer from others source, and even better i know exactly when i will get my deposit.

But i do appreciate the fact that you just create an account and try to help by being......funny.

All right children take it to pm's or the fun police will drop in.....

Bottom line WRT PIL timelines will vary so your particular answers may not suit the next individual or vice versa.....

MILNET.CA MENTOR

Latest from the PIL team;

working on files that were received March 12th.  It is important to note, that files requiring archives access, and/or back and forth to the units for missing substantiating documentation require more time to complete the audit.  We are happy to report that we have returned for payment over 19,400 files and are averaging 1000 files completed a week.

Ottawabound said:
1. English please.

You will check your attitude at the door. You will do so immediately or your time here will likely prove to be short lived. Nothing you have to offer in terms of knowledge offsets being a raging douche and making this an unpleasant site for others to visit and to try to seek information. You are welcome here as long as you can abide by the site guidelines. Do I make myself clearly understood?

Milnet.ca admin

Latest update from PiL site:

The PIL Team has been fully operational for some months now and has received over 45,000 files to be audited. Audits have been completed on 20,572 files comprised of both Regular Force and Reserve Force.

Files are being audited based on the date the file has been received by the PIL Team in Ottawa, not the date the member submits the application to the support unit. Currently the team is auditing files received on 14 March 2013.

So still about 1000/week.

Received my PIL on the end October pay run.  File was submitted in the latter part of February.

As a pleasant surprise I was also given my RegF time even though I had a 7 day break in service from my release to my transfer into the PRes.  So if others are in a similar position you may get a nice surprise.

stokerwes said:
Latest from the PIL team;

working on files that were received March 12th.  It is important to note, that files requiring archives access, and/or back and forth to the units for missing substantiating documentation require more time to complete the audit.  We are happy to report that we have returned for payment over 19,400 files and are averaging 1000 files completed a week.

The dates they are working on is what concerns me. Ottawa received my file end Feb, I checked with my OR and had them photocopy the DND749(?) it has the date Ottawa received it. I tried to get some info from PIL team and I just got the auto reply. Hoping it didn't get misplaced somewhere. I'll give it another month before I enquire again. If I get the auto reply I will try and call. I really hope that it doesn't come to that.
In the meantime if anyone out there has an inside source to at least find out if they still have my file, please PM me.
Thanks

stokerwes said:
The dates they are working on is what concerns me. Ottawa received my file end Feb, I checked with my OR and had them photocopy the DND749(?) it has the date Ottawa received it. I tried to get some info from PIL team and I just got the auto reply. Hoping it didn't get misplaced somewhere. I'll give it another month before I enquire again. If I get the auto reply I will try and call. I really hope that it doesn't come to that.
In the meantime if anyone out there has an inside source to at least find out if they still have my file, please PM me.
Thanks

Yet another person trying to contact the PIL team.  I wonder if all the people trying to do so and you can start by counting the numbers in this thread alone, not to mention the thousands who do not come onto this site, were added up to see how many thousands of calls the PIL team must receive of members wondering about their payments.  How many thousands of calls does the PIL team receive that distract them from their actual work of working on the PIL?

How much work would you get done in your job if you are being called up by every serving and recently retired Service Member asking about their particular problems?

Definitely true.  All of the people contacting them must slow them down, however they could have mitigated that somewhat at the beginning by providing the updates that they now provide on the PiL site.  Odds are that very few people would have contacted them at all, until the first few tried and where successful.  I bet the number of enquiries have dropped substantially since they started providing those status updates.

George Wallace said:
Yet another person trying to contact the PIL team.  I wonder if all the people trying to do so and you can start by counting the numbers in this thread alone, not to mention the thousands who do not come onto this site, were added up to see how many thousands of calls the PIL team must receive of members wondering about their payments.  How many thousands of calls does the PIL team receive that distract them from their actual work of working on the PIL?

How much work would you get done in your job if you are being called up by every serving and recently retired Service Member asking about their particular problems?
I'm not sure how much work I would get done, if I received so many calls and emails probably not much, but I have never had a job that didn't have milestones or keep all parties involved updated on a regular basis. I agree the PIL team most likely receive many calls and emails and this will slow them down and likely frustrate them as it is more than likely the same question over and over. They should get less now that there are regular updates.
My concern is that they are working on files received mid-March yet my file was received by them mid-Feb. So I think that would justify a call. Seeing as any mistakes that are made in my pay is my responsibility.

stokerwes said:
IMy concern is that they are working on files received mid-March yet my file was received by them mid-Feb. So I think that would justify a call. Seeing as any mistakes that are made in my pay is my responsibility.

You can call them all you want but the only info you will get is "yes, we have your file and we are now working on files received as of [insert date here]"  Since you already know that info it seems like a waste of your time and theirs to have someone call them again just for the same answer.

Depending on your past service (Reserves?  Broken Reg F service?) they may have returned for more info, and can't proceed until it's returned to them.

Back