• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 168/21- New 'Inclusion' and the performance appraisal process

Full caveats that I think being more inclusive is a great thing, but I really don't get why this is a separate issue.

We already have lines that relate to general personnel interactions, supervision etc. If you aren't being inclusive kind of a no brainer that those scores should be going down for not taking care of all your troops, and similarly that should be reflected in the ethics scoring.

The CAF specifically is non-inclusive for issues that impact operational requirements and/or safety along with universality of service requirements, and the entire government just implemented a vaccine mandate, where workplace safety is over-ruling personal freedoms.

So sure, be inclusive, but we can't legally do things like allow beards for personnel in SCBA/CBRN as it puts them at unnecessary risk and can put their wingers in danger, which is why it's required under occupational health and safety laws. Different religions allow accommodations for things like that to make sure their people don't get hurt/killed (ie fire fighters in Sikh countries are clean shaven for this reason).

Full caveats that I think being more inclusive is a great thing, but I really don't get why this is a separate issue.

We already have lines that relate to general personnel interactions, supervision etc. If you aren't being inclusive kind of a no brainer that those scores should be going down for not taking care of all your troops, and similarly that should be reflected in the ethics scoring.

The CAF specifically is non-inclusive for issues that impact operational requirements and/or safety along with universality of service requirements, and the entire government just implemented a vaccine mandate, where workplace safety is over-ruling personal freedoms.

So sure, be inclusive, but we can't legally do things like allow beards for personnel in SCBA/CBRN as it puts them at unnecessary risk and can put their wingers in danger, which is why it's required under occupational health and safety laws. Different religions allow accommodations for things like that to make sure their people don't get hurt/killed (ie fire fighters in Sikh countries are clean shaven for this reason).
Come to think of it, inclusivity is under one of the bullet points already. Working with others maybe?

Back