• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadians serving with the USMC

dang, your heading to PI in August ?

Bad time for Sand Fleas  ;D ;D

Congrats and good luck.

your gonna love the Island in summer....

Boot/Recurit first, once you graduate and get your EGA - then you can call your self a Marine.  Good choice, the Marine Corps is of course a department of the Navy, the Men's Department.  haha  Good choice and good luck. 

Semper Fi

Pappy

jimmy22 said:
right on man !! how'd you do it ? do you have dual citizenship ?

I see you've already found how, but for others with the same question as Jimmy22 - Visit this link.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/32898.0.html

McAllister said:
August the first, it all begins, its my ship date to Parris Island. It finally happened and I'll be a Marine soon. (after 3 months of punishment)  :skull: For those of you on this forum who don't remember me, I'm the guy who wanted to dedicate his life serving as a soldier, and I'm the guy who kept getting shut down by CF recruiting and whining about it on this forum. Sorry.
Anyway, I just want to thank everyone here on this forum, especially the moderators, for this wealth of knowledge I've been able to tap into. Wish me luck, eh?

Honor Courage Commitment! Kill! Kill!
                                                    /Evan

Don't blame you at all man, it's the CF's loss. Hope you do well in the Marines - when you get the opportunity (if at all) let us know how's its going for you

...and right about now Recruit McAllister is standing in a line somewhere on Parris Island, head shaved, dressed in a set of brand new Marpat utilities, holding a seabag with his gear, getting screamed at by his holding platoon Drill Instructor and wondering "What the f*ck did I get myself into?"

Just wait until this Saturday when his platoon transitions from holding/inprocessing status to training and his Drill Instructors for the remainder of his recruit training are introduced, as they come marching into his barracks like robots, evil demented terminator robots and thus begins Forming Day 1. The fun starts now.    >:D

There is also that smell that comes with clothing and gear from supply....by the time Recruit McAllister hits the rack tonight, he will have been up for more than 24 hours.   He won't know what time it is when he goes to bed but it will still be daylight.   As he tries to fall asleep, all he will hear in the squad bay will be the snivels of other recruits crying for their mommy's and thinking of how to get out of the apparent mess they got themselves into.

But not Recruit McAllister.   He wanted it.   He asked for it.   This is exactly what he was hoping would happen to him:   be stripped of all his civilian symbols of individuality and reduced to nothing more than just another bald recruit at Parris Island.   The only thing left to remind him of his, now former, life is his soul.   Recruit McAllister will have to battle all sorts of deamons while at boot camp.   Sand flees will bite him, sleep will tempt him and his own desire to "do his own thing" will be stronger than ever before.   His drill instructors will taunt him and push him farther than any limits he might have set for himself in the past.   The hot South Carolina summer sun will burn all the lessons of the Corps into his psychy. For the next 13 weeks, he will be sweaty, hungry, tired and dirty; the closest he will ever get to what some might consider a self-imposed sort of he!!.   When all is said and done, he will be a MARINE.

PJ D-Dog

sorry to hijack, but can someone get me a link or some info into getting into the marines. please

OOOOORAHHHHH..... good memories..... 24 hours with out sleep the first days... I remember we went 36 hours, that sucked....  I spent the night before Boot drinking my asre off with my recruiters, worse hangover I ever had....  I still can't look at the yellow lines on the highway without thinking of them yellow footprints.

My recuriter, who I later worked for, the Corps is a small family... well he figured I'd be missing home.... so about week 7 he mailed me a box....  oh no, mail call....
he was friends with my SDI, did I say everyone knows everyone else...  That shoe box was full of nice dark Oregon dirt....  The SDI read out my recuriters letter....
I think everyone thought the part about "turning this Oregon dirt into Mud, bends and thursts begin" was funny except me....  my SDI dumped out the shoebox of dirt onto the "so clean you can eat off it" floor and said "Recurit, begin...."

so many fond memories..... aww good times.... Don't worry about the sand fleas, they don't eat much.....

McAllister, we've shared a few threads on this topic. Good luck, god's speed and give'em hell.

McAllister said:
August the first, it all begins, its my ship date to Parris Island. It finally happened and I'll be a Marine soon. (after 3 months of punishment)  :skull: For those of you on this forum who don't remember me, I'm the guy who wanted to dedicate his life serving as a soldier, and I'm the guy who kept getting shut down by CF recruiting and whining about it on this forum. Sorry.
Anyway, I just want to thank everyone here on this forum, especially the moderators, for this wealth of knowledge I've been able to tap into. Wish me luck, eh?

Honor Courage Commitment! Kill! Kill!
                                                    /Evan

Sounds like my life's story, in the new year I'm applying for my Passport/Greencard while I get my GED started/completed  :).

Goodluck bro, I know how it feels  :-\

OOOORRRAAAHHHH!!! Graduation for Platoon 1090 1st RTBN B Co. has come and gone! 80 brand new Marines from my platoon including myself are back home now, eating when we want, sleeping when we want, and having the most uncomfortable adjustments gettin used to these 'NASTY' civillians!

I left Parris Island, one happy young Marine Friday morning.  I shot expert (229), got high first class PFT, 100 percent knowledge score, and I almost got 100 percent on the Martial Arts test. My platoon took 1st place initial drill, 1st palce final drill, we got the highest platoon score of all 7 platoons in Bravo company at the rifle range, and I had the honor of being first squad leader through all of that. As you can imagine, our 3 drill instructors were mighty proud of us.

I'll be doing recruiter's assistance until late november when I go to the School of Infantry. My drill instructors said I'll be in Iraq in about 5 months so I'm not about to dick around and party and get all nasty. I had my couple nights of good sleep and now it's time to square away, press out the service Alphas, and keep my new and future training on the top shelf.

Hey! Ask me a question about parris island boot camp!  I'll be happy to answer the questions I'm allowed to answer.

Hey

Now that you're done, congrats on making the grade! I remember what basic feels like (still, even though its been so very long now. 15 years) You must feel great...and it sounds like you really shined there too!

Again congrats

Slim

Congratulations Marine, well done.

Now comes the important part, learning to fight as part of a team and going overseas and putting those skills to work.

I was joking around with PJ about sending you a kid's sand pail and toy trowel and rake as a care package at basic with implicit instructions for your DIs that since you like spending so much time at the beach/pit, that these would come in real handy.  >:D  For your sake, he implored me that you'd be having enough 'fun' that you didn't need any hatemail from us.

Welcome to the brotherhood!

We spent so much time in the pit that there was talk of moving the racks and footlockers down there for the sake of convenience. But we just did rifle manual with full footlockers and our matresses instead.    PORT....MATRESS!!!!!  INSPECTION...FOOTLOCKER!!!!

One kid had to go to port matress and run around the squadbay singing the marines hymn. He was so exhausted that our senior DI told him to run down to second deck at port mattress. He tried to run straight through the hatch with the mattress sideways in front of him.  He must've bounced back into the squadbay a good 20 feet through the scuzz water all over the deck.  This was about 20 minutes after we did initial drill.  Our DI's knew we took first place but broke us the hell off anyway cause they said we made too many mistakes. I think it was because they wanted us to take upcoming final drill more seriously.

When we were in the pit, (which was all the damn time) our forehead had to hit the sand after every pushup, our shirts and belts were undone when we did the crunches, and during mountain clibers we had to kick sand into the face of the recruit behind you while the recruit in front of you kicked it in your face.  Fun stuff. We got a wee bit sandy.

Good for you coming through all that...I remember the games they used to play at the Cornhole (Cornwallis) Quite rotten when you're in the middle of it, but proud as heck that you came though successfully!

IS your avatar a pic of the cap badge you were issued?

Me and my brother are thinking about going down and joining the USMC, MCRD San Diego sounds like loads of good times  :D

Back