• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadians in Belgium 1944

combat_medic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I have a friend whose currently working on some scale models involcing Canadian soldiers, and I need some information to make them accurate. They're in Belgium, around the area of Antwerp between September and October 1944 (give or take). Does anyone know which units would have been in this location around this time? I believe it's Canadian 4th Armoured Division, but I'm looking for specific regiments.

Also, if there are any particular uniform details for these regiments that are pertinent (other than the obvious regimental patch and division patch), please let me know.

Thanks for any help.

combat_medic said:
I have a friend whose currently working on some scale models involcing Canadian soldiers, and I need some information to make them accurate. They're in Belgium, around the area of Antwerp between September and October 1944 (give or take). Does anyone know which units would have been in this location around this time? I believe it's Canadian 4th Armoured Division, but I'm looking for specific regiments.

Also, if there are any particular uniform details for these regiments that are pertinent (other than the obvious regimental patch and division patch), please let me know.

Thanks for any help.

Have him email me.  Second Division was in the area primarily - 4th Armoured went through also.  Albert Canal was a big battle at this time, and the Second Div was quartered in Antwerp in September, did a lot of fighting in the dykes north of the city, and eventually pushed on to South Beveland.

I can give full details on uniforms if he wants to get in touch with me at madorosh@shaw.ca

mapwyneghem.gif

For example

Excellent! (Geez Michael, how did I know you would know the answers ;) )

I'll have him send you an e-mail, and thanks, once again, for your help. You're a veritable walking encyclopedia!

Micheal would be drummed out of his Regt if he did not know the history of Walcheren :)

Back