• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian/UK/Australian Militarys...Experience??

Wesley  Down Under said:
If you are going there for school, I am certain there is a policy you can parade there, right in the UK, with a UK TA unit. Do a search on here for that, or check into it through your Militia unit.

Regards,

Wes
There has been an agreement with the UK on "attach posting" to a territorial unit while you are attending school.  There was another one, supposed to come out - doing same in Germany - but never heard it followed up.

daftandbarmy said:
3) Are you prepared to be away from home for months, or years in some cases, while your mates get to go home regularly to see mummy and daddy? Could you handle up to 9 - 10 months away from your unit's home base per year?

It was 3 yrs before I made it home the first time, and I have not been back since 2004, but I am planning a trip out to Regina in Jul/Aug of 2008!

When you leave Canada and move to another country, and serve, from then on, Canada takes the back seat. Its a re-issue of your life, a chance to start fresh, and all over again. Coming up 13 yrs, and I have never looked back. I have become more independant, more stronger, and here I am someone, in Canada, I am someone else. I have evolved and advanced here, become more of a success in every definition of the word.

Not that many ugly women here, but I did and do still have to put up with a bunch of shit from the right people.

Do I miss Canada? Yes, but what I lose out on, I gain three-fold.

Cheers,

Wes

Back