• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian troops recieve Leopards in Afghanistan

I would expect a flight from Afghanistan to Germany, like a service, then slowboated as a group from Europe to Canada.

Then they can go on to a repair facility in Germany before they come home.

The RGs and the LAVs that were washed in the third location each took hours to do.  I wasn't part of the wash ops, but for some reason, 4 hours a piece comes to mind- but don't quote me on that.  They were pressure washed inside and out, as well as the guys getting in and doing the hard to reach places by hand too.  It was a dirty, messy, wet job for the guys that did it.

Tango18A said:
Then they can go on to a repair facility in Germany before they come home.

If only.  I am sure that some sort of deal is already in the works for 202 Workshop or DEW Engineering to do refurbs.

If DEW or 202 does it, then we might need to refurb their refurbs due to their track record in some aspects. The Grizzlys were done so-so. Can't call new paint a refurb.

JSR OP,

4 hrs wouldn't even get the suspension cleaned out in some cases on a MBT. Look to be days per C/S. And that is after the Add on Armour is removed.

Tango18A said:
JSR OP,

4 hrs wouldn't even get the suspension cleaned out in some cases on a MBT. Look to be days per C/S. And that is after the Add on Armour is removed.

Ok, I'll believe you.  the only real first hand knowledge I have of Leopard tanks is that the grounds shakes when they come to visit you in the field.

And thats what we call Shock. Puts fear in the troops you are attacking. I always like visiting HQ with my ARV.

We had a Leopard come visit us during my JLC in Pet.  We were all resting, and then the ground started shaking before we could hear the engine!  It was a What the F&#^?!?! moment for sure!  At least it was for me!

Has anyone heard opinion from any of the crews that fought the 2A6 and are now operating in the 2A4M CAN?  Are we happy with our new machines?

JSR OP said:
We had a Leopard come visit us during my JLC in Pet.  We were all resting, and then the ground started shaking before we could hear the engine!  It was a What the F&#^?!?! moment for sure!  At least it was for me!

When did you do your JLC?

Colin P said:
I would expect a flight from Afghanistan to Germany, like a service, then slowboated as a group from Europe to Canada.

Limassol Cyprus actually.

Yeah it is, way back when I retired.  :)

JSR OP said:
Way back in Jun 2002...

Just wondering, in 2009 the RCD only had a single Leopard. So i was hoping you didn't do your course then, as it's more awe inspiring to hear a Sabre Sqn bearing down on your positon vice a single Leo.

The slate armor doesn't detonate RPGs, it shreds the war head.

Leo2 Ops has differences from the A6M that won't be discussed here.

The RCD had a tank Sqn until 04 and got in a troop's worth in late 07 for workup training for TF 3-08.

Regards

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
The RCD had a tank Sqn until 04 and got in a troop's worth in late 07 for workup training for TF 3-08.

Regards

2003.  'Best Time Ever 2003'  ::) was when we left our tanks out in Wainwright.  Fifty per cent of B Sqn put in their Release right after that.

Back