• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Special Forces compete in Colombia

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Photo album courtesy of the Edmonton Journal:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Gallery+Canada+commandos+skills+line+Special+Forces+Competition/6768566/story.html

First picture, second line would appear to be mis-captioned.

-Pic of a bunch of CF guys firing pistol-

Caption: Uruguay's special forces soldiers fire their weapons at the Acuatic tactics during 9th edition of the commando forces competition at the military base of Tolemaida, Colombia on June 11, 2012. Elite troops from 21 American countries take part in the competition.

Pretty neat stuff.  Their CADPAT like long sleeve shirts are interesting with the Canadian flag patch on their left shoulder and assaulter badge on their right shoulder.

Hybrid shirts have been out for a few years now. Many troops were issued the arid version in Afghanistan.

I see our Canadian boy's Russian "Mafia" tattoo is drawing some debate/comments.

a) Good on 'em.  +10 guys

b) I stopped caring about online newspaper comments a lifetime ago. Nice ink.

Actual name for the competition is "Fuerzas Comando 2012." More photo's/video's here and here. The second link at the beginning has some photo's/video's of the competition, then some random photo's of Colombian forces, then more competition pictures, including one that show's that on the morning of June 11, Canada was in 8th place.

Neat to see them wearing the FSSF patch on the right sleeve.

Snakedoc said:
Pretty neat stuff.  Their CADPAT like long sleeve shirts are interesting with the Canadian flag patch on their left shoulder and assaulter badge on their right shoulder.

Looks like CP Gear OTW Shirts.

There are no JTF2 Assaulter or CSOR Operator badges on any of them.  They are wearing the FSSF patch on their right sleeve.

:salute: We  should all be proud of our Special Forces members they are one of the best on the World!!!Congratulations for representing Canada so well.

LieutenantPrivate said:
So who are these guys with then? cjiru?

Why would you guess CJIRU?

Due to them wearing FSSF patches and CSOR having the FSSF lineage/history I'd guess that they are CSOR Operators.

Back