• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Soldier punches Athiest Professor...HOAX or Truth??

CdnArtyWife

Inactive
Reaction score
I have received this email from several different people over the years, and each time I wonder to the validity of it. I have searched Hoaxbusters and Snopes as well as a few other hoax sites. But I have come up with nothing. Now I realize that not finding it on a hoax site does not mean it is true.

So this is where Army.ca comes in...I was wondering if anyone here had witnessed this, or was the CF member involved, or if anyone could point me to a place that does, in fact, validate or prove false this legend.

Subject: Go Canadian Soldier

A Canadian Soldier was attending some university courses between
deployments. He had completed tours in Bosnia, and just returned
from Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was an
avowed atheist.
One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked
to the ceiling and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want
you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15
minutes." The lecture room
fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the
professor proclaimed, "Here I am God. I'm still waiting." It got
down to the last couple of minutes when the Soldier got out of his
chair, went up to the professor, and punched him; knocking him off
the platform. The professor was out cold. The Soldier went back to
his
seat and sat there, silently. The other students were
shocked and sat there looking on in silence.
The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the
Soldier and asked, "What the hell is the matter with you? Why did
you do that?" The Soldier calmly replied, "God was too busy today
protecting Canada's Soldiers who are protecting your right to say
stupid crap and act like an *******, so He sent me."

GO CANADIAN FORCES GO!

Thanks Mike, I checked Snopes.com and I still can't find it.

I am sure I am just looking in the wrong place...could you lead me by the hand and take me to it? I think I am having a blonde day. ;)

http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

Here you go, scroll down I found the reference to the punch.

dileas

tess

Thanks guys. I figured it was hooey...a good read, but untrue, nonetheless.

I was hoping for the link to be able to send back to those who send me these things. As much as I support the troops and especially our missions overseas, I do not support spam.

Thanks again,

Kara

Like the line at the end...

"Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

Hmmmmm - Has interesting possibilities with two words changed...

"Stupidity does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Stupidity is simply the absence of Common Sense . It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of Common Sense . Common Sense did not create Stupidity . Stupidity is not like faith, or love that exist just as does light and heat. Stupidity is the result of what happens when man does not have Common Sense present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

No, seriously it is all true! I was the guy who did it, wait, maybe it was someone I saw do it! ??? Wait, I remember, a buddy of mine swears he actually saw it happen at the University of Manitoba! Or was it University of Winnipeg? Maybe I just dreamed about it! :eek: Damn, I can't remember.

Of course it is just another urban myth, but I'll bet it brought a smile to your face and warmed your heart a little! ;D

See, I just don't get it. The professor doesn't believe in God so it's okay to deck him?

TMM said:
See, I just don't get it. The professor doesn't believe in God so it's okay to deck him?

Infidels don't believe in Allah so it's OK to blow them up?

What's your point?

Back