• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Political Downward Spiral [Split from Reconstitution]

Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity, sometimes DEI.
I'd go with DEI over DIE, personally.

This country has been on a downward spiral and an embarrassment in every federal department since 2015.
Let's be honest here - the GoC wasn't exactly wrapping ourselves up in glory prior to that. There are folks with rose-coloured glasses of the Harper years (and no, I'm not "Harper bad", just "Harper not necessarily great").

We had some national spotlight on us because of OP ATHENA, but when that became OP ATTENTION in 2011 there was a noticeable shift in how much people and the govt cared.

I agree with both @Quirky and @dimsum.

The LPC has been a fairly constant source of personal anger and national embarrassment since the “OMG we’re awesome” walk back in 2015, but as much as I was a supporter of PM Harper and his govt, my lasting memory of it is the niqab issue which should have ended with the court overturning. Right or wrong, my mind pins that on Kenney but PM Harper should have shut it down.

I don’t see a politician who’s strongly advocating to reunite Canadians in the running now, so I don’t think we are on the road to improvement in the near future either.

I don’t like JT even for one bit (I even don’t like calling him JT, it is derogatory toward the Jeep Gladiator 😆). I don’t like PP just the same. No Stateman on and over the horizon, non, nanda, zip, nothing.

I don’t like JT even for one bit (I even don’t like calling him JT, it is derogatory toward the Jeep Gladiator 😆). I don’t like PP just the same. No Stateman on and over the horizon, non, nanda, zip, nothing.

Agreed. It’s like 2 young brothers fighting in the back seat of the car on vacation. The NDP are like the seagulls in a MacDonalds parking lot…

It’s a sad state of affairs.

I'd go with DEI over DIE, personally.

Let's be honest here - the GoC wasn't exactly wrapping ourselves up in glory prior to that. There are folks with rose-coloured glasses of the Harper years (and no, I'm not "Harper bad", just "Harper not necessarily great").

We had some national spotlight on us because of OP ATHENA, but when that became OP ATTENTION in 2011 there was a noticeable shift in how much people and the govt cared.
I generally think they're all garbage. IMO the entire Federal Political Class is trash atm. Polliviere is no more a Statesman than Trudeau.

I don't think it will get any better and the only way forward is more Provincial autonomy.

I don’t think you’re wrong. I use it as an exaggerated example sometimes, but people care more about free wifi than the state of the nation.

People don't like to hear it but Canadians are immensely selfish. Walk around Greenwood and ask people what their concerns are. Most want programs where they have to earn or give very little but expect the world in return. Public health care is the perfect example. They want private level care and quality but they haven't wanted to fund it to that level ever and certainly don't want to now.

I love this country immensely but we have a long way to go to be taken as seriously as we once were.

I generally think they're all garbage. IMO the entire Federal Political Class is trash atm. Polliviere is no more a Statesman than Trudeau.

I don't think it will get any better and the only way forward is more Provincial autonomy.
This country is design so the federal takes care or, international affair, military, border, postal and transport. It is not a sexy mandate, that’s why they always jump into the provincial realm. Kindergarten and dental insurance are 1000% provincial jurisdictions. In the mean time, nothing on is own jurisdictions.

It’s a a point where a lot of people are confused in each roles. When everything is respected, that’s funny how you don’t ear about autonomy/independence or other similar actions.

This country is design so the federal takes care or, international affair, military, border, postal and transport. It is not a sexy mandate, that’s why they always jump into the provincial realm. Kindergarten and dental insurance are 1000% provincial jurisdictions. In the mean time, nothing on is own jurisdictions.

It’s a a point where a lot of people are confused in each roles. When everything is respected, that’s funny how you don’t ear about autonomy/independence or other similar actions.
Toss in the American Cultural Behemoth to the south and our populace is totally out to lunch with things like States Rights, 2nd amendment rights, and Jim Crow Laws and thinking that they have the same things here.

It's sad state of affairs.

Toss in the American Cultural Behemoth to the south and our populace is totally out to lunch with things like States Rights, 2nd amendment rights, and Jim Crow Laws and thinking that they have the same things here.

It's sad state of affairs.

Hence the sentence « Why bother with defence, the US will protect us » 🤦‍♂️😣

But those provincial incursions buy votes. Bedamned the system and bedamned the future, its about the electoral victory.

Last edited:
Perhaps the problem is we have created a political class. How many "commoners" are in the HOC anymore ?

Yes, I know what is meant by commoner in this term. And while they are commoners in the regal sense they are arguably now members of an aristocracy and no longer representative of the Common Canadian.
We have created a political class but not a very good ruling class. Too many perks and not enough limitations.

By nothing else that stupid naivety and bad judgment until proven otherwise.

I don't believe anyone in these positions is that stupid or naive. In fact it's naive to think this cascade of crap that is bringing this country down is all just because a handful of people are inept and naive themselves.

But don't even have a look? Just wait for overwhelming evidence to land in your lap? :ROFLMAO:

Back