• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Pattern Uniform

Those shirts without the bottom pockets were a classic case of the army trying to fix something that wasn‘t broken. I think the REAL reason those shirts disappeared in record time was that the remfs and wogs found out that it was harder to hide the big beer gut in them.

As for the duckhunting Garrison dress, I weep for all the goretex gear that could have been purchased with all the money that went into those goofy jackets and high-maintenance boots. I think that was purchased as work dress so that the chairborne warriors at all levels could strut about pretending to be soldiers (Personally, I think if you aren‘t combat arms or combat support, you should have a choice: either wear business civvies, or be issued those pink bunny pajamas with the plastic soled feet and the flap in the back).

The gay shirt came around shortly after the ‘82 pattern webgear. Someone decided we didn‘t need those bottom pockets, or the FN-sized breast pockets, because the new webgear had enough pockets for all our kit, including mags. The troops, generally, hated them (I was in the CAR at the time, and there was no way any of us would wear them) so the Army decided to keep the classic CDN cbt shirt.

I believe that the clothe the soldier program should look at redesigning our cbt shirts so that they are more functional under our Tac Vests. A couple suggestions would be to add pockets on the sleeves of our shirts and reduce the depth of the chest pockets, or adding a second internal pocket on the inside on the right. Pockets full of stuff don‘t work so well under armour and TV‘s.

That guy on the HYPERSTEALTH site is an idiot. All of the information he has about that on his sight is simple speculation.

Read this for the real story.

http://www.militarymorons.com/misc/misc.html#marpat

Back