• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Infantry Association Essay Contest

Rick Goebel

Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
The 2004/5 contest in under way until 31 March 2005 and, to date, only has one entry.   There is a $500.00 prize for the best essay on the theme topic below and a $250.00 prize for the best essay on other topics.   Certainly, some of the contributors to threads on this forum like "Infantry of Tomorrow" and "Thinking about the section attack" have some good thoughts that could be expanded into entries in this contest.   You can find more information in the members-only area of the CIA web site at www.ducimus.com/forums.   Admission to the members-only area is restricted to those who are or have been Canadian Infantrymen.

The theme topic for this year is:

"The transformation process started by the Army Strategy Advancing With Purpose is now nearly two years old, and continues to mature. Since its distribution, the Army continues to modernize, staff effort marches towards the defined objectives, and delivery of new concepts, equipments, and doctrine is in some cases already upon us. Moving through the interim steps as defined in the Army Strategy, it is clear that we have started the journey towards the Army of Tomorrow.

The Force Employment Concept, the cornerstone document of the Interim Army, builds upon the vision articulated in the Army Strategy. Distribution of this document will commence very shortly. The Force Employment Concept defines a conceptual framework of how operations will be conducted in the years to come, it provides a vision of the Army's evolving capabilities will be applied in operations, it explains how the Army will fight.

The Force Employment Concept, while describing how the Army will fight, does not describe the Infantry Corps' place in that fight. This is up to us! All Infantryman are encouraged to review the Force Employment Concept, to consider the role and importance of the Infantry, and to assist the Corps in defining our place in this new Army way of war.

Essays submissions along this theme are welcome for submission to the Canadian Infantry Association 2004/5 Essay Competition, with a cash prize available for the essay deemed most beneficial in assisting the Corps in defining the Infantry Corps place in this new Army fight."

That's quite a theme topic - I remember an English exam where the theme topic was "responsibility"; that was a little easier to digest.  ;)

Thanks for the info, sir.  Well, Army.ca members, here's your chance to put all the chatting around here to good use....

Infanteer, now why did I think of you when I read LCol Goebel's post. I can tell you from the Association's first contest that their checks don't bounce.  ;-)

Michael O'Leary said:
Infanteer, now why did I think of you when I read LCol Goebel's post. I can tell you from the Association's first contest that their checks don't bounce.  ;-)

Disgraceful.

On a related tangent, Majoor would whip Infanteer's ass hands down.

Heh heh....peer pressure....

Guess we need a grammar checker that kicks in after the second scotch.

Actually, the Oxford Concise allows either form, but admittedly I would normally have used "cheque" as well.

Michael Dorosh said:
Disgraceful.

On a related tangent, Majoor would whip Infanteer's *** hands down.

Heh heh....peer pressure....

I also look forward to reading your submission (tosses glove on ground)

I thought I should mention that the winning essays will be decided by an on-line poll of forum members.

Back