• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces with the American Forces?

2137Cadet

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wondering how much interaction does the Canadian Forces have with the American forces? Like do we share bases with them or do they provide the air support? I was just wondering because America has such a large army and I wonder what it would be like to work with them?

Big subject there. I suggest you do some searching here and just generally on the net and you will find more than enough material to make your head spin.

We're partners.  I have done training exercises on 6-7 US bases, about half of those inter-operating with them, and we're side by side overseas with overlapping support capabilities.

For example, there might be a joint operation planned in side by side towns that Canadian artillery guns support from the ground and US attack helicopters support from the air.

Yes we share bases overseas, but with dozens more countries.  Use Wiki to find "KAF".

It's too vague to describe what it's like to work with the entire US military.  Your experience may be different on an Army logistics base vs a USMC recruit base vs a TopGun school vs a Navy carrier group.

2137Cadet said:
I was just wondering how much interaction does the Canadian Forces have with the American forces?

I work with US forces on a regular basis. I'm not sure what it is you are looking for though.

Canadian and US naval ships work together very frequently....

Back