• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Junior Officer Development Programme (CFJOD)

armybuck041

Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this, but it seems like the best place to pose this question:

With all the changes from OPME to the JOD, does anyone know if the Technology and Warfare OPME can still be PLAR'd after completing AOC?

I purposely left this one, but now i'm wondering if i'm going to be roped into having to complete a JOD course after AOC.

armybuck041 said:
Sorry to resurrect this, but it seems like the best place to pose this question:

With all the changes from OPME to the JOD, does anyone know if the Technology and Warfare OPME can still be PLAR'd after completing AOC?

I purposely left this one, but now i'm wondering if i'm going to be roped into having to complete a JOD course after AOC.

Found it:

CANFORGEN 067/13 CMP 032/13 151356Z APR 13

(1) CREDIT FOR OPME HIE 275 - CF WAR AND SOCIETY BY COMPLETING THE ARMY OPERATIONS COURSE (AOC), UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

I'm hoping that someone on here knows more about OPME completion for NCMs than I do.

The CAFJOD CANFORGEN (218/??) Para 8 states something like this:

"OPTION FOR NCMS. NCMS WHO HAVE COMPLETED A MINIMUM OF ONE UNIVERSITY-LEVEL OPME (HIE 208, HIE 275, POE 206 OR PSE 402) WITH THE INTENTION OF COMPLETING THE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM WILL HAVE THE OPTION OF TAKING EQUIVALENT COURSES AT THE ROYAL MILITARY COLLEGE OF CANADA (RMCC). COURSES WILL BE OFFERED ON AN AS-AVAILABLE BASIS, WITH PRIORITY GOING TO STUDENTS IN A DEGREE PROGRAM. NCMS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT AN INDIVIDUAL LEARNING PLAN (ILP), APPLY FOR ADMITTANCE TO RMCC, PAY FOR THE COURSE, AND REQUEST REIMBURSEMENT AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THEIR COURSE. ONCE ALL COURSE REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED, THE OPME CERTIFICATE WILL BE AWARDED. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON RMCC COURSES THAT MEET THE OPME REQUIREMENTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS LINK http://HTTP://WWW.RMC.CA/ACA/DCS-DEP/FTL/RMCCMOPM-CCMRSPEM-ENG.ASP"

Does this mean that NCMs with "one university level OPME" have an unlimited amount of time to complete the program, or did we only have until 30 Apr 13?

If we are still allowed to complete it after 30 Apr 13, how do we get the RMC course put on our MPRR as an OPME and how do we get the OPME completion qualification when all courses are completed?

Any info would be appreciated,

Thanks

Does anyone know how long it takes the courses to show up on the MPRR ?

winnipegoo7 said:
I'm hoping that someone on here knows more about OPME completion for NCMs than I do.

The CAFJOD CANFORGEN (218/??) Para 8 states something like this:

"OPTION FOR NCMS. NCMS WHO HAVE COMPLETED A MINIMUM OF ONE UNIVERSITY-LEVEL OPME (HIE 208, HIE 275, POE 206 OR PSE 402) WITH THE INTENTION OF COMPLETING THE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM WILL HAVE THE OPTION OF TAKING EQUIVALENT COURSES AT THE ROYAL MILITARY COLLEGE OF CANADA (RMCC). COURSES WILL BE OFFERED ON AN AS-AVAILABLE BASIS, WITH PRIORITY GOING TO STUDENTS IN A DEGREE PROGRAM. NCMS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT AN INDIVIDUAL LEARNING PLAN (ILP), APPLY FOR ADMITTANCE TO RMCC, PAY FOR THE COURSE, AND REQUEST REIMBURSEMENT AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THEIR COURSE. ONCE ALL COURSE REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED, THE OPME CERTIFICATE WILL BE AWARDED. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON RMCC COURSES THAT MEET THE OPME REQUIREMENTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS LINK http://HTTP://WWW.RMC.CA/ACA/DCS-DEP/FTL/RMCCMOPM-CCMRSPEM-ENG.ASP"

Does this mean that NCMs with "one university level OPME" have an unlimited amount of time to complete the program, or did we only have until 30 Apr 13?

If we are still allowed to complete it after 30 Apr 13, how do we get the RMC course put on our MPRR as an OPME and how do we get the OPME completion qualification when all courses are completed?

Any info would be appreciated,

Thanks
I have to answer quick but when I get back to my 'real' office, I will find out more. NCMs who commenced OPMEs prior to the cutoff still have time to finish. Because there are also some Officers part way through, the program will continue to run for them. I would ask that one of them to confirm but I believe the current final end for OPME is Sep 2014 (please, someone confirm). Also as mentioned earlier, reimbursement for NCMs (with an ILP) for OPMEs is still 100% UFN.
As for OPMEs showing on MPRRs-I admit, my own took months but some have not had this issue. I don't know if it helped but I contacted RMC through the website (I am sorry, I don't have a name). The PD Chief who told me of the 100% reimbursement (for OPME only) is trying to find some sort of directive. When (if) he does, I will post it.
Hope this helps...even if only a little - Information is not easy to come by on this.

Pat

The Defence and Security Program is now open for NCM's just follow the instructions if you are interested.

https://www.facebook.com/thedigitalchief?hc_location=stream

http://www3.algonquincollege.com/military/files/2013/05/Algonquin_College_Defence_and_Security_Certificate_Program_Overview_Credit_Recognition_and_Course_Registration_Process_Final.pdf

Pat in Halifax said:
I have to answer quick but when I get back to my 'real' office, I will find out more. NCMs who commenced OPMEs prior to the cutoff still have time to finish. Because there are also some Officers part way through, the program will continue to run for them. I would ask that one of them to confirm but I believe the current final end for OPME is Sep 2014 (please, someone confirm). Also as mentioned earlier, reimbursement for NCMs (with an ILP) for OPMEs is still 100% UFN.
Will reimbursement for reserve NCMs be the same as for Education Reimbursement (paid at 50%)? Forgive me but what does UFN mean?

Rheostatic said:
Will reimbursement for reserve NCMs be the same as for Education Reimbursement (paid at 50%)?

At this point Education Reimbursement for P Res remains unchanged.  See Compensation and Benefit Instruction 210.801 for details.

Rheostatic said:
Forgive me but what does UFN mean?

"Until Further Notice"

Pat in Halifax said:
Also as mentioned earlier, reimbursement for NCMs (with an ILP) for OPMEs is still 100% UFN.
The PD Chief who told me of the 100% reimbursement (for OPME only) is trying to find some sort of directive. When (if) he does, I will post it.
Hope this helps...even if only a little - Information is not easy to come by on this.

Pat
This is the key piece of information for me, and probably the deciding factor as to whether I will finish the OPME programme. If you do find a relevant directive, please let us know.

For NCMs, I have an update (a positive one for a change!) in the NCM PME thread. It will also (for this FY anyway) answer the question in the previous post. I am hearing of some NCMs being turned down by RMC. The only reason I can think of is that Officers have the priority and if there are a limited number of seats...? I have this question (with a specific individual's case) in to CDA/RMC and am awaiting a response.

Good news...for now anyway,

Pat

Does anyone happen to know how to sign up for the new CFJOD modules. I have searched the DWAN and tried searching here and have failed miserably at getting any results.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah its a bit of a mess... but I managed to do it through the CFLRS website.

EDIT: Which I cannot seem to bring up the same CFLRS website I used on my civilian account right now as when I was at work, so it may be DWAN-only.

ballz said:
Yeah its a bit of a mess... but I managed to do it through the CFLRS website.

Yup, just search the DWAN for "CAFJOD Registration" and around hit 6 will be a link to the CFLRS - CAFJOD site.

The program is delivered via the DND Learn network.

Likewise I'd be interested to know if anyone has had any recent success in registering for OPME equivalents through RMC continuing studies.

First off make sure you have a ILP done up so that the military will reimburse once you pass the course.

Registering for the OPME courses throguh RMC is pretty simple. First off you have to be a student at RMC, they have the forms you need to fill out and fax off to become a distance education student. Once you have that, you will be given an RMC portal login. you sign up for courses on the portal during the time frame set by RMC for course registration.

The opme style courses fill up pretty quick.

I would suggest emailing bmasc-bascm@rmcc-cmrc.ca which is RMC's division of continuing studies contact. They will get you all the info you need.

Also for those NCM's that are interested, in lieu of the opme program being cancelled and the CFJOD program only available to officers, there is a program for us now, Defence and Security Certificate through algonquin college. Info from the CDA available if anyone is interested

Man!

So CAFJOD.....am I right?

I still need three more modules done but they keep sliding them and cancelling them.

Has anyone seen these ones/completed them? Everytime I've registered or made notes on the next available it gets muddled.

Soooo... I've assessed this as the most user-adverse system I have ever seen... being able to register for all the CAFJODs is more impressive than actually completing them.

Has and one seen a CANFORGEN on Class A pay for PRes for the new CAFJOD courses?

Back